Active Listening is the ability to concentrate on what is being said or explained, instead of getting distracted or listening passively with minimal attention being paid to the subject or the person you’re conversing with.
Active listening is a skill that is used in many different sectors and professions. It is crucial to every bit of human interaction you have, both at home and in the workplace, as it allows you to pay closer attention to details of conversations. This will help both your personal and professional life, as you will be considered a good listener and people will often seek your help which will lead to greater opportunities and better relationships.
This course will teach you how to listen to what others are saying, process information and respond to it to clarify and produce more information.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- The definition of active listening and its key components
- Identify ways to become a better listener in any environment
- How to use body language to reflect a positive listening attitude
- The difference between sympathy and empathy, and when each is appropriate
- How to create a listening mindset using framing, positive intent and focus
- How to be genuine in your communications
- Understanding the communication process
- Asking questions, probing for information, and using paraphrasing techniques
- Building relationship to create an authentic communication experience between the individuals included
- Identifying common listening problems and solutions
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Improve your communication skills to become a better listener in any situation
- Understand the globally renowned concept of NLP
- Utilise the skills you learn to improve your career or personal life
- Proven principles to back and studies to back up your learning
- Extracurricular resources given so you can build further on your newfound knowledge