Enjoy the mesmerising blend of French and German, combined into this single, unique language!
Alsatian is a dialect of German spoken in Alsace. Alsace is where France meets Germany, with the Rhine River making the boundary between the two countries. It routes West to East from the pine-clad Vosges Mountains, through some of the most beautiful vineyards in France, all the way to the Rhine River and the German border.
There are actually a quite a few different versions of the Alsatian language, with a few other dialects that have a lot in common with it.
The two main forms of the dialect are:
- The Bas-Rhin Dialect: spoken in Northern Alsace.
- The Haut-Rhin Dialect: spoken in Southern Alsace.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
You will acquire this unique language through our fun-filled learning experience, which will not only help to broaden your knowledge and skill-set, but will also provide you with an opportunity to explore and enjoy this cultural and historical region in East France.
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Alsatian.
- Introduce yourself and others.
- Talk about colours.
- Learn how to use numbers 1-20
- Be familiar with the days of the week.
- Use simple greetings.
- Talk about professions.
- Talk about countries and where you live.
- Tell the time.
- Exchange your contact details.
- Talk about food and drinks.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Physiological studies have found that speaking two or more languages is a great asset to the cognitive process.
- Learning a foreign language draws your focus to the mechanics of language, grammar, conjugations and sentence structure. These skills can make you a more effective communicator as well as improve your English vocabulary.
- You will have the advantage of being able to explore and understand another culture.
- Having this language skillset will bear a great advantage when you travel, making it both easier and more enjoyable.
- Language learning can make you smarter, improve your decision-making, and even keep your brain healthy in old age!