American Sign Language (ASL), is the most commonly used sign language of Deaf communities in North America. It is used by the Deaf community and their families to communicate, making it the fourth most popular language in America. Hearing people have also started to pick up the emotive and expressive language to interact and communicate with friends or colleagues who are hearing impaired.
This course will teach you the fundamental skills of how to communicate with ASL, as well as giving you an understanding of how important it is to communicate in ASL in your profession. For example, it is generally considered exceptional customer service for a worker in the hospitality or retail sectors to respond to someone who is hearing impaired by speaking to them in sign language.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- How to do the alphabet in ASL
- Greet and welcome in ASL
- How to introduce yourself
- Useful phrases like yes and no
- Words for around the house
- How to use question words
- Using prepositions
- How to sign about food
- Action verbs
- Emergency words
- Deaf etiquette – Dos and Don’ts You Need to Know
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Learn the language of over two million people
- Start from the basics of the alphabet to learning and understanding deaf etiquette
- Be guided through your learning with written words to make the concepts easier to understand
- Extracurricular resources given so you can build further on your newfound knowledge
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We want you to be satisfied, so all eligible courses purchased on Vogate can be refunded within 14 days. For whatever reason, if you are unhappy with a course, you can request a refund, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy.
Certain restrictions may apply and some purchases may only be eligible for credit refunds. For more information regarding our refund policy, please see below.
How to submit a refund request
If you’re looking for instructions on how to submit a refund request, please visit our support and help section.
Our 14-day policy
While our 14-day refund policy is to allow customers to learn risk free, we must also protect our vendors from fraud and provide them a reasonable payment schedule. Payments are sent to vendor after 30 days, so we will not process refund requests received after 14 days of purchase.
Additional reasons for denied refunds
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit or deny refund requests in cases where we believe there is refund abuse, including but not limited to the following:
- A significant portion of the course has been consumed or downloaded by a customer before the refund was requested.
- Multiple refunds have been requested by a customer for the same course or other courses
- Excessive refunds have been requested by a customer.
- Users who have their account reported, banned or course access disabled due to a violation of our Terms or Trust & Safety Guidelines.
- We do not grant refunds for any subscription services.
These refund restrictions will be enforced to the extent permitted by applicable law.
There are no reviews yet.