Build and secure a cutting edge network using Cisco technologies and the CCNA Security bundle. Designed for network managers and engineers responsible for implementing network security for small and medium businesses, this course teaches the fundamentals of IP technology implementations, before showing delegates how to boost security.
The proliferation of corporate IT systems has created a situation where cybercriminals have more attack surfaces than ever before. The network administrator needs to be able to harden networked systems to reduce the potential for attacks, and to be able to mitigate identified issues, And the CCNA Security bundle is the best way for the administrators of Cisco networks to learn these techniques as they work towards the gold standard CCNA certification.
After covering networking fundamentals, engineers will move onto learning the techniques required to secure Cisco hardware and networks. From router lockdown to Access Control Lists (ACLs), through to IOS Firewall setup, students will learn how to protect data and network resources from intruders.
Students will also be able to practice every technique covered throughout the course using our Practice-Labs system. This dedicated hardware resource grants access to Cisco routers and switches that can be used to replicate and resolve real-world scenarios without the need to purchase and maintain costly practice hardware.
Learn more about practice labs
View more about Practice Labs
KEY LEARNING POINTS IN CCNA SECURITY BUNDLE
Of key interest to network security professionals will be the module Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security. A combination of instructor-led videos, self-study materials and hands-on labs will help delegates understand:
- Using the Cisco Router SDM security audit feature to identify unauthorised network resource usage.
- Locking down router security to prevent hackers from gaining access to key network resources.
- The Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting philosophy – key to implementing security solutions that work.
- Using Access Control Lists to mitigate threats and minimise attack surfaces.
- Implementing stateful firewalls using Cisco IOS to identify and block low level hacking attempts.
- Securing inter-site VPNs and data transfer using SDM on Cisco routers.
To help underpin these security lessons, students will also have access to parts 1 and 2 of the CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices modules. These courses take students through the fundamentals of IP technology, and how to configure and deploy Cisco routers and switches.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Network security professionals will find the CCNA Security Bundle invaluable for improving their skills and making them more effective at work. These new skills will allow them to:
- Design, configure and deploy a secure network that meets the changing needs of a business.
- Segment and secure network traffic to deliver an exceptional user experience and to prevent data and systems from compromise.
- Build inter-site links and implement firewalls and VPN security to protect data in transit.
- Use the advanced features of Cisco IOS to further improve security and performance of network resources.
Upon completion of the CCNA Security bundle, students will not only be ready to sit their Cisco CCNA exams, but will also find that their newly expanded skillset greatly improves their employment prospects.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.
Cisco 100-105 ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
Cisco 200-105 ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2
640-554 – Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security – IINS