Master the fundamentals of information systems security and build a career in the burgeoning IT security sector. Overseen by the Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISSCC), the Certified Information Systems Security Professional qualification is a globally recognised badge of excellence.
This Cyber Security Qualification has been designed for delegates who either have a solid understanding of IT, have worked in an IT role for a few years, or have completed the recommended CompTIA qualifications. If you’re not from an IT related background, it’s recommended that you start with our CompTIA qualifications, or enrol on our full Cyber Security Programme, which has been designed to take you from a limited understanding to a high, technical level.
Key Learning Points
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional C)ISSP course ensures that students acquire all the knowledge and skills they need to complete the certification exam and become a proven IT security expert. Over the course of ten modules students will be introduced to a number of security provisions that can be applied to protect enterprise class systems against cyberattack or negligence. Learners are taken through each concept and then given the opportunity to test their knowledge using a series of practical examples.
During the course students will cover:
- The principles of access control and how they can be strengthened and applied to keep unauthorised users out of a system.
- Telecommunications and network systems that need to be hardened to prevent data loss or theft.
- The role that information governance and risk management play in raising security standards, and how they need to be applied to corporate information systems.
- The importance of secure software architecture and design to help ensure that in-house systems protect data and resources.
- Using cryptography to protect data in transit and prevent unauthorised access of files without the correct encryption keys.
- Using security architecture and design principles to limit data access and potential angles of attack.
- Monitoring, auditing and improving operations security to keep systems secure at the point of access.
- Designing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans to help re-establish operations as quickly as possible following a serious outage.
- Legal obligations of data security and obligations that must be fulfilled in the event of a criminal investigation.
- Physical and environmental security considerations, like preventing theft of computer hardware or potential fire risks.
Learners can test their knowledge and understanding of each module as they progress using the supplied flash cards and educational games; there are also numerous scenarios in each module that students can replicate to improve their understanding. End of unit tests and quizzes ensure students have fully grasped the concepts behind information systems security before moving on to the next task.
Advantages of this course
Providing comprehensive study in each of the above fields, the CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional course, students will have everything they need, including hands-on practical experience, to pass the CISSP certification exam.
Upon completion of their studies, learners will benefit from:
- An in depth understanding of information systems security and the many aspects that need to be protected.
- Hands-on practical skills that will help security professionals overcome their network security challenges.
- The opportunity to sit the highly-regarded ISSCC CISSP certification exam.
- Improved job prospects and the opportunity to progress within the IT security sector.
The CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional course is a mandatory step towards attaining the ISSCC CISSP certification, and a great step towards mastering network security principles and techniques.
This course is best suited to:
- IT and network security professionals who need to improve their practical skills and attain a professional qualification
- IT engineers and professionals who would like to specialise in IT security
- IT consultants who want to be able to offer their clients a better service
- Individuals who want to cross-train into a new career in IT security
WHO IS MILE2?
Mile2 is an industry-known, widely respected US government-backed Cyber Security organisation, who provide the latest Cyber Security training. Their qualifications are accredited by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) and the National Security Agency (NSA).
There are a range of payment options available for you, including:
- Paying for the course in full via bank transfer, debit or credit card or PayPal
- Paying in 2 or 3 instalments at no additional cost
- Paying over 6, 10 or 12-month instalments*
- Other Finance options – Range of interest free & interest-bearing finance options to help spread the cost 12, 24, 36 or 48 months*
*Some finance options may require a soft credit check, while others will need a full credit check. Enquire today to discuss your payment options.*Some finance options may require a soft credit check, while others will need a full credit check. Enquire today to find out more.
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security