Embrace the subject of web design by signing up to this comprehensive CIW course that includes a number of self-study kits and Live Labs which give access to the relevant software required to have a hands-on experience. Most businesses utilise the web to sell their services and products nowadays, and for productivity and profitability to be at an optimal level, the design of the web pages needs to be the best possible. This is where a web design specialist can really shine.
Show your IT Creativity
If you have a talent for creativity and would love to be able to demonstrate this artistic flair in a digital manner, this course could be a perfect starting block. Developed for individuals that have had little to no prior experience, this course introduces students to some of the basics that need to be mastered before they go on to hone their skills even further.
Complete the Course, Pass the Test
With the help of the comprehensive course, and the self-study kits and Live Labs included in the package, students will have all the resources required to successfully sit the assessment. Once you’ve worked through the syllabus and have the confidence to continue, the exam is the final hurdle you need to jump before moving on to the next chapter in your professional development.
Key learning points
This course would be ideal for anyone who has an interest in web design and would like to take this interest further by getting to grips with some of the basics. It would suit IT professionals and graphic designers who would like to broaden their horizons by delving into web design, but would also be a good course to master as a student, IT career-starter or business owner.
- Work through the website development process, including the ethics and legalities that can be faced, and how to reach the standards expected by customers.
- Understand the importance of usability, navigation and accessibility when it comes to the design of a website.
- Get to grips with HTML and XHTML, as well as GUI site development applications.
- Understand more about adding multimedia, plugins, widgets and databases to a website.
- Learn how to use some of the popular web design tools, such as Microsoft Expression Web, Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash.
- Delve into some of the current issues that are related to web design, and how they can be resolved, including open source applications and the extensibility of design tools.
- Package includes all the materials needed to pass the accompanying exam.
Advantages of this course
- Study at your own pace with online course delivery. There are no deadlines, and resources are available around the clock, 365 days a year.
- Work on the go with courseware that is compatible across a range of devices and browsers. You don’t just have to study from home!
- Course and its contents are available for a full 12 months, so no need to rush through the course material.
- Once you’re ready, sit the examination online too – it’s all here, in one easy-to-navigate course and exam bundle.
- Technical support is available should you need help using the courseware at any stage.
- Boost your confidence and show off your creative talents with a web design course that is perfect for beginners.
- Gain valuable insight into some of the basic skills required to shine in the web design field.
- Expand your CV and show off some new skills that could help you to stand out above your competitors for future job roles.
- Boost your personal and professional potential, with a course in web design that could help you, and the business you work for.
A good website design can make or break a business. Sign up to this course and exam package today, and your creativity and new-found web development abilities could be a business’ saviour!
Sitting this exam would be perfect for any web design enthusiasts who are business owners wishing to market their own services, self-employed designers wishing to work on a freelance basis, or an employee needing further expertise in the field.
The exam consists of 4 domains, which will prove the student’s ability to:
- Grasp some of the site development essentials, including identifying and managing elements of the web design process, knowing some of the relevant ethical and legal issues, and understanding how to meet customer expectations with a project.
- Understand some of the web design principles that need to be used to evaluate and develop a site’s aesthetics, viewer experience and usability, and accessibility, of the site.
- Confidently use basic web technologies, including HTML and XHTML, to develop web pages and enhance their structure, usability and format.
- Create websites using GUI site development applications and know how to publish and maintain the finished product.
- Appreciate some advanced web technologies, such as using multimedia and plugins, client-side and server-side programming, web databases, and syndicated feeds using feed management services.
- Demonstrate how to conduct effective Internet marketing.
- Overview of Web Design Concepts
- Web Development Teams
- Web Project Management Fundamentals
- Web Site Development Process
- Web Page Layout and Elements
- Web Site Usability and Accessibility
- Navigation Concepts
- Web Graphics
- Multimedia and the Web
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Web Development
- HTML and the Evolution of Markup
- XML and XHTML
- Web Page Structure — Tables and Framesets
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Site Content and Metadata
- Site Development with Microsoft Expression Web 4 — Introduction
- Site Development with Expression Web 4 — Basic Features
- Site Development with Expression Web 4 — Advanced Features
- Site Development with Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 — Introduction
- Site Development with Dreamweaver CS6 — Basic Features
- Site Development with Dreamweaver CS6 — Advanced Features
- Creating Web Pages Using Open-Source Tools
- Image Editing with Adobe Fireworks CS6
- Multimedia with Adobe Flash Professional CS6
- Multimedia with Flash Professional CS6 — Tweens
- Multimedia with Flash Professional CS6 — Movie Clips
- Multimedia with Flash Professional CS6 — ActionScript, Masks and Practical Uses
- Plug-Ins and Java Applets
- HTTP Servers and Web Applications
- Web Site Publishing and Maintenance