In this CompTIA Bundle, gain a complete understanding of PC networking and security with this three course bundle. Students will learn everything required to support and manage a Windows PC network, from basic hardware familiarisation to administering a PC network to securing data within that network.
The CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ bundle is best suited to:
- IT network managers and systems administrators responsible for building and maintaining small and medium computer networks.
- IT professionals seeking a collection of qualifications to prove their all-round skills and expertise.
- First-line IT technicians who want to improve their basic IT skills and expand their knowledge and experience of networking and security.
- People looking to develop complete network management skills in anticipation of a move into IT.
The CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ bundle also includes access to the Practice-Labs, a dedicated PC and networking hardware resource that allows students to replicate course scenarios and develop real-world troubleshooting skills in the process. The Practice-Labs ensure that students are able to translate course theory into practical skills that can be applied to systems and networks at their place of work.
The Practice Labs are an essential tool for students, helping them identify topics that require additional study. Our social network also allows students to share their knowledge and experience, providing a useful additional source of information. The Practice Labs are a dedicated hardware resource allowing students to complete practice exercises and test their skills without the need to invest in a costly test lab of their own.
Learn more about practice labs
View more about Practice Labs
Key Learning Points In CompTIA
The CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ bundle contains everything a student needs to sit and pass the respective exams. Initially participants will study how to build and manage client devices (PCs and laptops) in a corporate network setting as part of the A+ certification training.
They will learn about:
- The main PC components and how they are assembled to create a working computer.
- The various configurations of the components to improve performance and system compatibility.
- How to build a simple network to share data.
- Installing, configuring and managing Microsoft Windows on a desktop PC.
- Applying Group Policies to protect data and settings.
- Monitoring and maintaining PCs to ensure they continue to function at their best.
Focus then shifts to the Network+ modules which will help students gain a better understanding of common PC networking techniques. Starting with a basic introduction to networking hardware, lessons quickly move on to cover:
- Physical network cable types and the situations in which they would be deployed.
- Building LANs and WANs and the correct topology to use for a specific networking context.
- How to monitor and manage network hardware and traffic to ensure a consistently high performance for service users.
- The basic principles of network security, using built-in features to prevent unauthorised access and data theft.
The Security+ modules are intended to help network engineers and managers use advanced techniques to boost security provisions.
Topics covered include:
- Basic design considerations when first building a secure network.
- Identifying and satisfying compliance needs for data and network security.
- Familiarisation of common network threats and vulnerabilities and how they can be blocked.
- The three levels of security considerations – application, data and host – and how each is to be protected.
- How user accounts and security groups can limit data access and raise security standards.
- The use of encryption to protect data, even if it is intercepted by a third party.
Advantages of this course
By taking the CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ bundle, students can be sure of acquiring the skills needed to build, maintain and protect a corporate network from the ground up, using vendor-neutral techniques and skills. Among the benefits students can expect to receive are:
- A complete IT management skillset that helps them perform better in their role and opens up new opportunities to progress at work.
- A full understanding of corporate PCs, allowing them to troubleshoot any and all hardware or OS related problems.
- A good understanding of network management, allowing them to improve performance and resolve issues quickly.
- Security awareness and skills that help raise standards and protect corporate data from common threats.
- Improved employment opportunities within IT support and management.
- Full preparation for the CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ exams.
This cost-effective training bundle is an essential investment for IT professionals who are seeking an industry-recognised group of qualifications that can demonstrate their expertise in IT and network management.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.
- Introduction To Operating Systems
- Installing Windows Operating Systems
- Configuration And Management In Windows
- Utilizing Alternative Operating Systems
- Virtualization And Cloud Computing
- Managing Mobile Devices
- Understanding System Security
- Troubleshooting And Operational Procedures
- Introduction To Personal Computers And IT Certification
- Storage Fundamentals
- Expanding Hardware Capabilities
- Working With Peripheral Devices
- Mobiles Devices
- Computer Networking
- Hardware And Network Troubleshooting
- Introduction To Networking
- Networking Standards
- Network Cabling And Transmission
- Understanding TCP/IP
- Network Devices
- Wireless Network
- Wide Area Network
- Remote Access
- Network Security
- Building Scalable High Performance Networks
- Monitoring And Troubleshooting Networks
- Network Security
- Compliance And Operational Security
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Application, Data and Host Security
- Access Control and Identity Management