Gain a complete understanding of PC networking and security with this three course bundle. Students will learn everything required to support and manage a Windows PC network, from basic hardware familiarisation to administering a PC network to securing data within that network.
The CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ bundle is best suited to:
- IT network managers and systems administrators responsible for building and maintaining small and medium computer networks.
- IT professionals seeking a collection of qualifications to prove their all-round skills and expertise.
- First-line IT technicians who want to improve their basic IT skills and expand their knowledge and experience of networking and security.
- People looking to develop complete network management skills in anticipation of a move into IT.
Using an extensive collection of instructor led videos and self-study courseware, the The CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ bundle is delivered online via our learning platform. This learning platform allows students to access content anyplace anytime, according to their own study preferences.
Learners can periodically test their understanding using built in quizzes, whilst a number of practical scenarios in each module can be used to practice common responses, or to see how the techniques are applied to real world scenarios. Each unit finishes with a test that ensures students have fully grasped the concepts behind being taught.
Students can raise questions or discuss practicalities with other learners using the our social network, adding another learning channel by which to further improve knowledge and skills.
Key learning points
The CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ bundle contains everything a student needs to build up the knowledge and experience required to pass the respective exams. Initially participants will study how to build, configure and manage client devices (PCs and laptops) in a corporate network setting as part of the A+ certification training. The course materials will take them through:
- Common PC components and how they are assembled to create a working computer.
- Component configurations that improve performance and system compatibility.
- How to build a simple network to share data between PCs.
- Installing, configuring and managing the Microsoft Windows operating system on a desktop PC.
- Applying Group Policies to prevent data and settings being accessed or altered by unauthorised users.
- Monitoring and maintaining PCs to identify and resolve potential problems early.
Focus then shifts to the Network+ modules which will help students gain a better understanding of common PC networking techniques. Initially learners will be introduced to basic network hardware, before going on to look at:
- Physical network cable types and the situations in which each would be used.
- Building LANs and WANs and the correct topology to use for a specific business need.
- How to monitor and manage the traffic passing through network hardware to ensure a consistently high performance for service users.
- The basic principles of network security, using features built-in to routers and switches to prevent unauthorised access and data theft.
Finally, the Security+ modules are intended to help network engineers and administrators use advanced techniques to raise security levels within the corporate network. Topics covered include:
- Including network security as a basic design consideration.
- Identifying compliance needs for data and network security and building appropriate safeguards.
- Familiarisation with common network threats and vulnerabilities and how they can be blocked or minimised.
- The three levels of security considerations – application, data and host – and how each is to be protected.
- How user accounts and security groups can limit data access to authorised parties and raise security standards.
- The use of encryption to protect sensitive data against unauthorised access or theft.
Advantages of this course
By taking the CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ bundle, students can be sure of learning the practical skills needed to build, maintain and protect computers and networks. Among the benefits students can expect to receive are:
- A complete, vendor-neutral IT administration skillset that helps them perform better in their role and opens up new opportunities to progress at work.
- A full understanding of corporate computers, allowing them to troubleshoot and resolve any and all hardware or OS related problems.
- A good understanding of network configuration and management techniques that allow them to improve performance and resolve issues quickly.
- Security awareness and skills that help raise standards and protect corporate data from loss or theft.
- Improved employment opportunities within IT support and management.
- Full preparation for the CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ exams.
This cost-effective training bundle is an essential investment for IT professionals who want to earn several industry-recognised qualifications that can demonstrate their expertise in general IT and network management.
- Mobile Devices
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
- Operating Systems
- Software Troubleshooting
- Operational Procedures
- Computer Network Fundamentals
- The OSI Reference Model
- Network Components
- Ethernet Technology
- IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses
- Routing IP Packets
- Wide Area Networks (WANs)
- Wireless Technologies
- Network Optimisation
- Command-Line Tools
- Network Management
- Network Security
- Network Policies and Best Practices
- Network Troubleshooting
- Managing Risk
- Monitoring and Diagnosing Networks
- Understanding Devices and Infrastructure
- Identity and Access Management
- Wireless Network Threats
- Securing the Cloud
- Host, Data, and Application Security
- Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- Social Engineering and Other Foes
- Security Administration
- Disaster Recovery and Incident Response