Gain a complete understanding of computer fundamentals with the globally-recognised CompTIA course. From a basic introduction to common computer components, through to maintaining security and performance of a desktop PC, students completing the course will have a good understanding of the most common issues they will face at work and at home.
The CompTIA Fundamentals course is best suited to:
- Junior IT technicians and help desk operatives who need to develop their knowledge of computer basics.
- Super-users who need to be able to provide industry best practice guidance to their peers.
- Individuals who would like to improve their basic computer knowledge and potentially facilitate a move into the IT industry.
- Anyone interested in studying towards an industry-approved qualifications like the CompTIA A+, Network+ or Security+.
All of this knowledge and expertise is imparted in just 6 course modules. A combination of instructor-led videos, interactive simulations and self-study materials are served to students via the e-learning platform, which is available 24x7x365. Students can test their knowledge and understanding of each module using the built-in end of unit tests and practical exercises and assess their readiness for moving on to more advanced courses like the CompTIA A+ qualification.
Key learning points
As an introduction to the fundamentals of modern computers and computing, the six modules of the CompTIA Fundamentals will show students:
- The basic principles and use of operating systems like Microsoft Windows.
- Managing software and file types.
- Understanding computer peripherals and common ports and connectors used by modern PC hardware.
- Identifying and protecting against basic security threats and surfing the web safely.
- Building and configuring a basic network, and sharing data with other network users.
- The basic use of a computer workstation, operating system and software.
- Simple troubleshooting techniques and safety techniques.
The course concludes with multiple reviews of the content to ensure that students have properly understood the concepts covered.
Advantages of this CompTIA IT fundamentals course
Upon completion of the CompTIA Fundamentals course, students can be sure of having a complete understanding of how to use a computer, and perform basic administrative tasks. Other benefits include:
- Readiness to become a ‘super-user’ providing basic IT support and advice to other team members.
- A good basic understanding of IT issues, qualifying graduates for a position on a technical support helpdesk.
- The foundational knowledge required to take studies and IT specialisms further.
- The acquisition of important IT skills that can be applied in virtually any environment, improving employment prospects.
The CompTIA Fundamentals course is the perfect introduction to best-practice computing, making it the perfect choice for individuals and employees who want to know how to use IT and software correctly. The CompTIA Fundamentals course is also an essential first step towards other industry-recognised qualifications including the A+, Network+ and Security+ certificates.
- Basic IT Literacy
- Course Review