The CompTIA IT Fundamentals course is an entry-level IT course designed to provide a foundation of IT knowledge to beginners who wish to start a career in some aspect of technology. You will learn a range of IT topics covering the essentials of networking, cyber security, hardware and software, to give you an understanding of technology concepts and practices that are recognised globally by organisations of all sizes.
Who is it for?
This course is intended for anyone who is looking to build a firm foundation in the technologies and concepts used at an entry-level of IT. This would be useful for anyone who is working in IT sales, or at an introductory level of the IT industry.
CompTIA provides IT qualifications of all levels that are globally recognised by employers, proving a welcome and valuable addition to any CV. This course also includes live chat tutor support which is available 24/7 to help you through your CompTIA training, this is aided by complementary email support which allows our experts to provide in-depth answers to more complex questions.
The human element that LiveTutor provides is key to a true blended learning solution. It takes the inhuman and impersonal elements of online learning and brings it to life!
The mentoring option allows you to have a more structured and guided experience while you study. If the prospect of undertaking a self-taught online course is daunting for you, but you wish to retain the flexibility that can’t be offered by a classroom taught course, then the best option is the mentor programme.
This supplementary offering to our CompTIA courses will provide students with the best possible chance of passing their CompTIA qualification through instant expert guidance.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Learn to identify computer hardware including types of devices, internal components, connectors and peripheral devices
- Learn to identify computer software and compare the functions and features of common operating systems
- Set up a basic workstation
- Configuring network access
- Create, navigate and manage files – including how to compress and extract
- Understand how to create screen captures
- The configuration and use of wireless devices
- Understand the security of computing devices including identifying, best practice and secure web browsing
- Look at environmental and safety concepts surrounding computer use
- Learn to back up and restore data, manage software and implement basic support measures
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- 12 months’ access to the course content
- 24/7 access for your entire duration
- Prove your knowledge and gain an advantage for entry level IT positions
- Gain foundational IT skills that will set a platform for further knowledge
- Live chat tutor support included
- 24-hour, Monday to Friday, technical support
- Introduction to course
- Identifying Computer Hardware
- Identifying Computer Software
- Setting Up a Basic Workstation
- Configuring Network Access
- Working with Files, Folders, and Applications
- Configuring and Using Wireless Devices
- Securing Computing Devices
- Supporting Computers and Users
- Mapping Course Content
- Lesson Labs and Solutions
- Glossary and Index