The Cornish language (Kernewek) is one of the Brittonic languages, which dates back to pre-Roman times and the Celtic races that inhabited this part of Europe.
The language faded out towards the end of the 18th century but has experienced resurgence over the past 100 years.
The Cornish language is closely related to Welsh and Breton, which have influenced the resurrection of this ancient language.
Where is Cornish spoken?
The people of Cornwall speak the Cornish language. A land defined by its spectacular coastline, which tapers out into the Atlantic Ocean.
What’s special about Cornwall?
Cornwall is famous for its pasties and cream teas, not to mention the Cornish bagpipes, which have been used as part of ceremonies and celebrations as early as the 14th century.
The scenic granite cliffs of Land’s End, picturesque harbours, and the sandy beaches of the north coast have all made Cornwall a holiday favourite for generations.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Cornish
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colours
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simple greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Studying and completing the course online means you will have the flexibility to learn from any device, any place at a time that best fits around your existing commitments.
- This course will help you explore Cornish culture and heritage
- Learning this language is fun and beneficial at all ages, as medical studies have shown the positive effects learning a second language has on the brain.
- Studies showed that learning a second language significantly delayed the onset of many brain related diseases such as Alzheimer and dementia, compared to those who can only speak their native tongue.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We want you to be satisfied, so all eligible courses purchased on Vogate can be refunded within 14 days. For whatever reason, if you are unhappy with a course, you can request a refund, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy.
Certain restrictions may apply and some purchases may only be eligible for credit refunds. For more information regarding our refund policy, please see below.
How to submit a refund request
If you’re looking for instructions on how to submit a refund request, please visit our support and help section.
Our 14-day policy
While our 14-day refund policy is to allow customers to learn risk free, we must also protect our vendors from fraud and provide them a reasonable payment schedule. Payments are sent to vendor after 30 days, so we will not process refund requests received after 14 days of purchase.
Additional reasons for denied refunds
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit or deny refund requests in cases where we believe there is refund abuse, including but not limited to the following:
- A significant portion of the course has been consumed or downloaded by a customer before the refund was requested.
- Multiple refunds have been requested by a customer for the same course or other courses
- Excessive refunds have been requested by a customer.
- Users who have their account reported, banned or course access disabled due to a violation of our Terms or Trust & Safety Guidelines.
- We do not grant refunds for any subscription services.
These refund restrictions will be enforced to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Credit only refunds
In cases where a transaction is not eligible for a cash refund, the refund will be granted using Vogate credits, provided it otherwise meets our 14-day refund policy.
If your course purchase is only eligible for a credit refund, this will be indicated on the refund page.
Types of purchases that are only eligible for credit refunds
iOS (Apple): iOS payments are processed through Apple and not Vogate, and so we are unable to offer cash refunds for in-app purchases made in the Apple App Store. You can read more about Apple’s refund policy here.
Bank & cash transfers: certain bank and cash transfer methods are only eligible for credit refunds.
Boleto Bancário: courses purchased through Boleto Bancário are only eligible for credit refunds.
Udemy credits: for more information regarding Vogate credits and refunds involving them, contact us.
Refunds for bundles purchased through a third party
Since the payment for the bundle was processed by the third-party vendor, we do not have the transaction on file and cannot initiate a refund for you. Please contact the third-party vendor directly to request a refund.