Fresh herbs can take a dish from delicious to divine. Learn how to grow your own herb garden and season your culinary creations with fresh aromas and flavours in this Culinary Herbs course.
Our course will take you through the horticultural aspects to help you identify and understand herbs in a way that you will be able to apply the principles and techniques, in any region or location.
You will learn about the different types of herbs and how you can best grow and use them.
How will I study?
This fun-filled, self-paced programme is organised into 5 easy-to-digest, easily accessible modules; therefore, you will find learning is enjoyable and easy to fit around your existing commitments.
Key Learning Points In This Culinary Herbs Diploma
- Gain an introduction to the variety of herbs.
- Recognise the origin of names of plants and their divisions.
- Learn how to pronounce plant names.
- Explore how plants can be grouped together in a variety of different ways.
- Identify the characteristics of different soils.
- Learn the importance of improving soil.
- Understand the basic planting procedure.
- Study when and how to prune.
- Study plant nutrition.
- Learn how to water your plants.
- Acquire the main methods of propagation.
- Identify the best equipment and materials to create your kitchen garden.
- Explore cooking with herbs.
- Discover other important culinary herbs.
Advantages of this course
- Home gardeners turn your hobby into an income by gaining valued techniques to grow herbs at home and become a supplier in your local area.
- Access the course at anytime that suits you, in a place of your choice 24 hours a day.
- Utilise this knowledge to kick-start a career in gardening and home growing.
- At the end of each unit test yourself with a multiple choice question assessment. This will help you remember the main points of the lesson and act as a check that you have retained the essential knowledge and understanding of that particular section.
- Gain a endorsed Diploma for your portfolio.
- Review of plant identification
- Planting, feeding and pruning
- Methods of propagation
- Growing in pots, inside or outside in the open ground
- Cooking with herbs
- Common varieties of herbs
- Other important culinary herbs