This Cyber Security Bolt-on Package is the next step on from our IT Package which will build your fundamental skills using IT technologies and concepts, from hardware and software installation to operating system and security management. CompTIA are one of the world’s leading awarding bodies in IT certifications and the understanding they provide in these courses is key to the successful career of any IT professional.
Both courses in this package are delivered online and complement the IT Package, adding more skills to your already bolstered IT skillset. 24/7 access to the course content means you can study anytime throughout your one-year course duration, ensuring that your course helps you to learn in the way you want it to.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Networking 101; including the fundamentals and mechanics of networking
- Switching and Layer 2 Technologies
- Cisco IOS Software & CLI Operation
- IP – Internet Protocol v4/v6
- Routers & Routing Protocols
- Securing the Network
- WAN Technologies
- Mastering the CLI
- Preparing for the official 100-105 exam
CompTIA Linux+ (LX0-101 & LX0-102)
- Common command line operations and how to use Shell commands.
- Software installation and management using RPM, Apt-Get and other libraries.
- How to configure and access hardware resources from the Linux operating system.
- Partitioning and managing hard disk drive space and filesystems.
- Managing files and security permissions to protect corporate data.
- Understanding and managing the Linux boot process.
- Deploying and configuring the X desktop user interface to simplify management and usage of the Linux system.
- Administering the Linux operating system, and improving operations in a networked environment.
- Configuring and troubleshooting basic networking services including DHCP and IP addressing.
- Writing scripts to automate common database and email management tasks.
- Improving security to prevent unauthorised access to data or system resources.
CompTIA Cyber Security Analyst (CySA+)
- Identifying vulnerabilities, risks and threats to an organisation
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organisation
- Prevent, detect and combat security threats
- Cyber incident response
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- The perfect companion package to our IT Package which will boost your skill levels to become a cybersecurity professional
- Two of CompTIA’s most specialised IT courses: one in the Linux operating system and one in advanced cybersecurity practices
- The CySA+ course includes Live Labs for practical, hands-on experience
- 24/7 access to the course content through our industry leading learner management system
- One-year course duration, so you can study at your own pace
- Full preparation for the official exams (exams are not included)
- Boots your employment opportunities