The ability to understand and work with numbers is a key skill for people at every stage of life. People use mathematical approaches in everything – day-to-day activities, shopping, finance and helping others around us. Numeracy is also a big factor in solving problems and thinking logically.
Basic numeracy skills include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. All of which help a numerically literate person through everyday tasks. Innumeracy is an issue that plagues many people with roughly 4 in 5 UK adults having a low level of literacy. The implications stretch further: innumeracy costs the UK economy £20.2 billion a year.
This course will help you to understand the impact that numeracy has on future achievement and self-esteem, while also teaching you techniques that demonstrate the relevance of numeracy to daily life. Your course is delivered entirely online with a wide variety of learning materials that are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the entirety of your 12-month course duration.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- You will know the early learning goals and aims of the national curriculum as it relates to numeracy, and be asked to consider how the children you support are achieving against this
- You will understand the importance of numeracy skills for the digital age, self-esteem, and employability
- You will learn about intervention strategies, differentiation, scaffolding learning, and involving families in developing numeracy skills
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- 24/7 access to the course content for 1 year – access our learner management system at any time and continue your studying
- Customer support is available Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm
- Additional course activities and resources to reflect on your learning how explain the relevance of numeracy to real-life situations for children