If you are inspired by gardens and their design then you will want to explore the art of garden design. Our comprehensive course is a great introduction for anyone who wants to take his or her flare and creativity to a professional level. And that’s not all… The course gives great guidance to help you start your own business.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
This fun-filled, self-paced programme has been organised into 12 easy-to-digest modules to provide you with all the skills and confidence you need to tackle your own garden design projects more professionally. With the help of this flexible programme, learning has never been so easy to sculpt into your daily routine.
KEY LEARNING POINTS IN GARDEN DESIGN
This course will take you step by step through the basic principles of Garden Design to Costing and estimation.
- Understand the influence of history and tradition from other countries.
- Identify the key contributors to the design and planning of gardens.
- Recognise and understand how the relationship develops between ‘The Garden Designer and his client’.
- Investigate The Basic Principles of Garden Design.
- Compare the balance of structures, spaces and areas to consider when designing a garden.
- Understand the terms used in garden design and planning.
- Understand how to take accurate measurements.
- Learn how to produce a scale drawing.
- Identify what needs to be covered in a plan.
- Understand ways in which plants can be used in a garden.
- Evaluate the basic principles of garden design.
- Establish the main points that need to be considered when preparing a garden.
- Grasp the techniques to help you accommodate slopes.
- Identify the equipment and tools required to execute your design.
- Understand the different types of soil and how to improve them.
- Look at the different options available for irrigation.
- Compare the different materials and designs for surfaces and groundwork.
- Understand the procedure for laying a lawn .
- Learn how to construct steps.
- Understand the structure of a ramp.
- Understand basic planting procedure.
- Discover how the procedure would vary for bare root plants.
- Recognise the general care of plants.
- Identify the various structures that can be regarded as a feature.
- Look at various edging options for the garden.
- Understand what needs to be considered when planning for a water feature.
- Compare the different options for dividing areas or securing boundaries.
- Understand how to calculate areas.
- Gain an outline of how to calculate costs involved.
- Learn the process for operating a business.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Turn your hobby into an income-bearing career.
- Introduction – Garden Design Influences
- Client-Designer Relationship -The Basic Principles of Garden Design
- Planning the Garden
- Taking measurements
- Drawing the Plan
- Preparing the garden
- Equipment, Tools, Soil and Irrigation
- Lawns and Steps
- Garden features
- Costing and estimation