If you are interested in psychology and working with children and young people, then this course is for you.
The educational system offers a wide range of opportunities for psychologists. Improve a young persons learning experience by helping them to tackle challenges such as learning difficulties, social and emotional problems as well as other developmental disorders. By developing skills and acquiring relevant knowledge, you can become a vital support network between young people and education institutes.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
You will have easy online access to this self-paced programme, which consists of 6 information packed modules, giving you the flexibility to study in your own time around your current commitments. This comprehensive programme will equip you with essential know-how towards a very fulfilling career.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will give an insight to psychologists who are training in child development, education and clinical psychology to work with individual children to evaluate learning and emotional problems.
- Understand the relationship between conditioning and learning.
- Understand the different types of conditioning.
- Understand the definition of reinforcement.
- Understand how cognitive structure is formed.
- Look at the process of latent learning.
- Understand the relationship between associative and cognitive learning.
- Understand what is considered to be the three stages of memory.
- Learn about the difference between short and long-term memory.
- Understand the factors that increase the chances of successful retrieval.
- Understand the concept of state-dependent-learning.
- Discover Freud`s repression hypothesis.
- Discover the types of knowledge acquired by children when they begin to speak.
- Understand the factors affecting the ability to learn to speak, read and write.
- Understand what affects reasoning and motivation.
Advantages of this course
- You will gain a endorsed Diploma.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- You can enhance your current career status by adding this qualification to your portfolio.
- No pre-requisite.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Conditioning and learning
- Basic distinctions about memory
- Short-term and long-term memory
- Language and thought Developing language and
- Communicating thoughts
- Visual thinking
- Problem solving and computer simulation