Anyone who has ever worked in projects, or in groups in general, will know the importance of effective planning and scheduling. This course will teach you the basics of how to lay out a schedule from a project and adhere to it from start to finish.
This course is a perfect starting point for anyone looking to get into project management, or into a team leader type role.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Can define projects and project management.
- Understand a project’s life cycle.
- Are familiar with the basics of project planning and scheduling.
- Know how to complete a Statement of Work and/or a project charter.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
After completing this course, you will be able to plan and schedule different events of the.
- Define and create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify and understand task relationships
- Estimate task durations and determine project duration
- Construct a network diagram
- Calculate the critical path of a project
- Use the Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) to create estimates
- Plan for risks
- Create a communication plan
- Effectively allocate project resources
- Update and monitor the project schedule