Understand the health and safety issues presented by the use of electricity in the workplace by enrolling on this accessible entry-level course. Electricity is an essential part of everyday working life for a great number of people. However, because it’s in such wide and regular use, it’s all too easy to forget just how dangerous electricity can be if the proper precautionary measures aren’t adhered to. That’s why it’s so essential for workers whose jobs require them to use electricity on a regular basis, to equip themselves with the most up-to-date information regarding safe working practices.
Mechanics, electricians, IT specialists, and even hairdressers are just a few examples of the type of employees who can benefit from this course. It aims to provide students with an introduction to the basics of electrical safety issues, and the precautionary and preventative measures that should be taken to avoid any problems from arising.
Another key advantage of the Electrical Safety Awareness course is that it allows people to make informed decisions when it comes to appointing contractors for any domestic or industrial-based construction projects. Those who understand the basic health and safety requirements of using electricity in the workplace are far more likely to employ reputable tradesman, and could end up saving themselves a lot of hassle and money in the long-term.
It equips students with practical skills and knowledge that can be applied both at home and in the workplace, and arms them with the confidence of knowing that they are putting their safety, as well as the safety of others, first.
Key Learning Points
- This entry-level awareness course provides students with a general, but nonetheless essential, understanding of how to use electricity in the workplace in a safe and effective way.
- It equips delegates with the ability to identify potential safety hazards, and the skills to able to implement preventative and precautionary measures.
- The practical knowledge gained can be applied in both a workplace and domestic environment.
Who will benefit most from this course?
- It is an ideal training option for those working across a broad range of industries and sectors including construction, mechanics, beauty, education, IT and manufacturing, to name but a few.
- It is perfect for those looking to increase their knowledge base, improve their practical ability and help promote a safer working environment for themselves and others.
- Enables those looking to hire contractors for commercial/industrial/domestic construction projects to make informed and sensible decisions while choosing to employ, this could significantly reduce the time scale and financial costs involved.
By the end of the course, students will have:
- Gained a basic knowledge of what hazards and risks are associated with the use of electricity in the workplace.
- Knowledge of the practical use, and application of, health and safety best practices in the workplace and/or a domestic environment.
- Understand what preventative measures can be implemented and what precautions should be taken to prevent electrical shock from occurring.
However, it must be highlighted that whilst this course does teach students to the highest possible educational and industry standard, it does not qualify delegates to work with electrical systems in their place of work.
Advantages of this course
- Introduces students to the basics of safe working practices when using electricity in the workplace, and equips them with practical knowledge that can be applied in any situation where electricity is in use.
- Offers a flexible learning solution that can be tailored to suit even the busiest of schedules. Students can complete the course at a pace that suits them, and in a way that appeals to their individual learning style.
- Access to the innovative online learning and networking platform, which allows students to complete coursework.
- Interactive multimedia and diverse course materials that is specifically designed to appeal to every kind of learning style.