Discover everything there is to know about spreadsheet design with this three-part learning course designed to the take the mystery out of one of the world’s most popular spreadsheet creation program. We have partnered with world-famous brand ‘For Dummies®’ to develop a user-friendly online learning course to help people of any ability to develop skills with Microsoft Excel 2010 from the very foundations to the expert level.
Now a leading tool for planning, budgeting and reporting in workplaces all around the world, Excel 2010 is a user friendly way of creating systems to deal with numerical data. This course has been professionally crafted in the ‘For Dummies®’ style to be accessible to everyone, regardless of prior knowledge. Whether a total beginner or a confident user, learners will be guided through every part of the software with this comprehensive self-paced study course.
Take your time learning the basics of navigating the program and understanding how it manages and displays data. Or, if you’ve been using Microsoft Excel for a while, speed through the early lessons to get to tutorials on laying out your worksheets using tables, formatting and calculations. Later sessions cover the lesser-used aspects of the program, including reporting tools and Pivot Tables, which are a sure-fire way to mark yourself as an professional administrator or analyst.
By far the most popular part of this course according to past students is our emphasis on utilising the little-known tools and tricks to get better results from less effort. The Microsoft Excel 2010 for Dummies course provides everything you need to find your way around the spreadsheet creation process easily and stress-free. Learn the tricks and shortcuts used by IT professionals to get things done in the most efficient ways, and see just how much time and energy you will save.
Key Learning Points
Presented in the trusted ‘For Dummies®’ style, this course assumes no prior knowledge. Lessons are structured progressively, building from the very basics to an advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel 2010. First timers won’t be left behind, and students with some experience of the software can fast-forward their learning, using the interactive assessment tasks to check their understanding.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Understanding spreadsheets and workbooks, and what they do.
- Opening and saving workbooks.
- Understanding the menu ‘Ribbon’.
- Adding, deleting and moving information.
- Basic cell options; size, alignment and number format.
- Performing basic calculations.
- Formatting borders, fonts and colours.
- Using free templates for budgets, calendars, planners and forecasts.
- Programming basic functions.
- Programming basic functions.
- Altering the look of cells and tables.
- Printing with headers and footers.
- Conditional formatting based on a cell’s contents.
- Inserting charts and images.
- Shortcuts and tricks to get things done quickly and accurately.
- Importing and exporting data.
- Using Filters to display only relevant data.
- Advanced formulas.
- Error-checking, including tracing precedent and dependent cells.
- Protecting documents with password encryption.
- Constructing database-like reports using Pivot Tables.
- Developing personalised macros for the ultimate time-saving shortcuts.
- Adding macros to the toolbar.
- Assigning personalised hotkey functions.
Not only will you test your knowledge, you’ll be given the opportunity to try out each skill via structured challenges to tackle at a pace that suits your learning style. Be rewarded with a faster and smoother experience with data management when you know how to make the most of Excel 2010. This comprehensive study course will guide you step-by-step to becoming a true expert.
Advantages of this course
- Learn work-ready skills for administrative jobs and other computer-based employment, and impress your boss with expert skills.
- Make sure all your written work looks exactly how you want it with almost no effort.
- Gain all the skills required for MOS certification, the world’s most recognised qualification in Microsoft Office applications.
- Become the computer expert in your home or office.
- Utilise the built-in research and referencing systems for academic study.
- Develop confidence to tackle even the most complex word processing tasks.
- No prior knowledge required.
- Improve efficiency using Microsoft Excel 2010 at home or in the office.
- Professional skills taught by professional educators.
- Self-paced study, with up to 12 months to complete the course.
- Creating an Excel worksheet and entering cell content
- Understanding workbooks
- Adjusting rows and columns and formatting cells
- Using formulas and functions such as square roots, sines, cosines, and tangents
- Using advanced formatting techniques to make your Excel data accessible
- Tackling common financial chores such as calculating loan payments and interest
- Applying Excel’s tools for sophisticated data analysis
- Creating and formatting PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Correcting, protecting, and sharing the data in your workbooks
- Tips and tricks to make you more productive