Take the dimensions of an ordinary mind to one that is of a winner….
Sign up for this course and combine the energies of an aspiring athlete and his or her motivator, to help them find a unique formula that works for them both, where they thrive on the thought that their success means failure for their competitors! Learn Sport Psychology
What will I learn?
Acquire the knowledge and skills to become a therapist and give sound advice to sports clients in this highly competitive area.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
8 easy-to-digest, action-packed and extremely motivating modules, will lead you onto an aspiring path where you can study mind-exercises, investigate and gather information with techniques, to provide your clients with the best portfolio of advice and therapy by which they believe in their potential to win.
Key learning Points
This course will take you step by step through case studies and teach you techniques to become a therapist for both coaches and participants.
- Understand the professional and ethical duties required of the sport psychologist towards others.
- Recognise the importance of client confidentiality.
- Develop an understanding of the different areas of psychological studies that can have an impact upon sport.
- Have an understanding of the importance sport psychology has as a determinant in success.
- Look at those areas within sport psychology that may determine the ‘athletes’ ability to embark upon a psychology programme.
- Learn in full the terms Skill, Learning and Feedback.
- Understand the terms ‘open’, ‘closed’ and ‘environmental’ in relation to skill.
- Explore the nature, effects and benefits of the natural drug ‘endorphin’.
- Learn the definition of the terms ‘sport’, ‘games’ and ‘competition’.
- Understand the principles behind ‘training for competition’.
- Develop an understanding for the ‘value of sport’.
- Gain knowledge of the terms – Motivation, Intrinsic and Extrinsic rewards.
- Gain knowledge of the 10 steps to motivation for coaches.
- Understand the principles behind the Causal Attribution Theory.
- Understand the principles behind Achievement Motivation.
- Analyse your understanding of the term ‘Winning is everything’.
- Realise what occurs to those who suffer defeat and interpret and learn what is meant by ‘optimistic enthusiasm’.
- Evaluate the suggested steps for increasing enthusiasm.
- Understand how know-how or talents are perceived and learn what motivates you to act because you want to.
- Look at the result of a positive response to pressure.
- Analyse what courageously facing choices brings.
- Recognise what pressure might be converted into.
- Look at the most important step when dealing with pressure.
- Learn what is meant by the concept of ‘tunnel vision’.
- Understand ‘narrow-internal’ in a processing category.
- Analyse the benefits of concentration.
- Discover the benefits of relaxation.
- Identify the signs of muscular tension as a result of fatigue.
- Analyse the ways of coping with muscular tension.
- Understand ways of focussing.
- Understand self-confidence and how it affects the athlete.
- Analyse how an athlete would overcome a lack of confidence.
Advantages of this course
- No pre-requisite.
- Available with immediate access from anywhere.
- It can be studied in your own time, at your own pace.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course, you will be awarded: Endorsed Diploma.
- Mind, body & soul
- Self-belief & self-doubt
- Sport, playing at games & in competition
- Motivational techniques
- Focussing in & psyching out
- The big picture?
- Why me?
- Winning is everything!
- Mind winning ways
- Evaluating performance