Every workplace, large and small, needs at least one confident, competent first aider who is up-to-date with the latest techniques and procedures for dealing with the huge range of medical incidents and emergencies that can occur in the workplace at any time. This online course is designed to enhance and refresh the knowledge of those already qualified in First Aid at Work.
Knowledge Can Save Lives
Even if a company’s first aider has up-to-date qualifications, the Health and Safety Executive strongly recommend that all designated first aiders take an annual refresher course to ensure their knowledge remains both comprehensive and current in crucial areas such as the priorities of first aid, basic life support, breathing problems and the treatment of different types of shock.
This easy-to-follow course is split into five main sections which busy first aiders who have to juggle many other responsibilities can access both on an annual basis or as and when they need to revisit their learning on a specific subject.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Gain the confidence and peace of mind of knowing that individuals received the necessary support and training to deal with the medical incidents that could unexpectedly arise in your workplace.
- Refresh your knowledge of the priorities of first aid including the aims of first aid, making a 999 call and the shout for help.
- Increase your confidence when dealing with danger and the appropriate response.
- Refresh your knowledge of performing the secondary survey on a casualty.
- Ensure your competence in dealing with airway, breathing and circulation problems.
- Increase your understanding of the respiratory system and air composition.
- Gain insight into effectively dealing with choking babies and choking adults.
- Learn how to identify and treat common types of wound.
- Learn about the treatment of external bleeding and how to recognise and treat the effects of blood loss.
- Refresh your knowledge of how to deal with nose bleeds.
- Find out about internal bleeding.
- Learn about different types of head injury and their treatment.
- Find out about the treatment of hypovolemic shock, cardiogenic shock and anaphylactic shock.
- Learn how to use dressings effectively.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Gain the peace of mind that comes with fresh, up-to-date first aid knowledge with this easy-to-follow refresher course.
- Taking only 100 minutes to complete, this course is designed with busy professionals in mind, who need access to the best up-to-date knowledge without sacrificing valuable time away from the day-to-day pressures of work.
- Achieve your course certificate by completing five multiple choice tests that will confirm your knowledge and confidence.
- Feel confident that you have met your obligations as a responsible employer by making sure the crucial area of first aid is closely monitored and kept up to date in your workplace.
Be first in line for the First Aid Annual Refresher course. Sign up today to ensure your workplace can confidently and efficiently deal with any of the medical emergencies that could arise there.
- Aims of First Aid
- The 999 Call – Part 1
- The 999 Call – Part 2
- CPR Introduction
- Shout for Help
- Call 999
- 2 Rescue Breaths
- Respiratory System Part 1
- Respiratory System Part 2
- Air Composition
- Mid Severe Choking
- Treatment of Choking Adults
- Treatment of Choking Babies
- Common Types of Wound
- Types of Bleeding
- Effects of Blood Loss
- Treatment of External Bleeding
- Use of Dressings
- Internal Bleeding
- Sources of Bleeding Summary
- Nose Bleeds
- Secondary Survey Part 1
- Secondary Survey Part 2
- Secondary Survey Part 3
- Head Injury Types
- Head Injury Treatment
- What is Shock
- Hypovolaemic Shock
- Treatment of Hypovoaemic Shock
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Anaphylactic Shock
There are no reviews yet.