Motivation to do things is a problem that many of us face. Whether it be to do the housework, your coursework or any other productive task, procrastination is a massive issue. But procrastination can be overcome. Just like with any other personal challenge, although there is no simple answer, you must build a solution that works for you.
This course will explore various time management and organisational tools and techniques, so you can build a customised productivity plan for your personal and professional life. By the end of the program, you will have a specialised plan that works for you.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Identify what personal efficiency is, what skillsets can improve your personal productivity, and what attitudes we should cultivate
- Explain why multi-tasking is a myth
- Describe what role long-term goals play in short-term efficiency
- Share a personal vision and develop dreams and goals from it
- Apply the 80/20 rule and learn how it should affect planning
- Identify the characteristics of a good organisational system
- Develop a plan for an efficient workplace, including a customised information centre and a filing system
- Apply a system that will allow you to process any type of information that crosses your desk, including email, electronic files and documents, paper files, voicemail, texts, and visitors
- Use the Eisenhower principles to prioritise work
- Say no
- Use routines to simplify your life
- Understand why you procrastinate and develop methods for tackling tasks
- Apply ideas and tools to make your household more productive and efficient
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Build a personal, customised plan to help boost productivity.
- Become more productive both at home and in the workplace.
- Implement your plan as soon as you finish the course
- Build on your knowledge of the course with recommended extracurricular reading resources