Learn how to build websites and online applications using HTML5 – the most advanced web development standard available today. Using approved content from the world-famous For Dummies guides, the HTML5 for Dummies will help web developers of any experience level get started with HTML5 and CSS3 code.
The HTML5 for Dummies course is the perfect choice for:
- Website owners who want to get to grips with HTML5.
- Hobbyist developers who have already mastered HTML4 or earlier and who need to upgrade their skills.
- Developers interested in creating web applications that run on any platform, including smartphones.
Using a combination of instructor led videos and self-study manuals, the HTML5 for Dummies course is delivered online using the learning platform. Course contents are available anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient for them and their schedule. The simple and friendly approach of the Dummies Guide material helps communicate relatively complex ideas in a very simple way.
Learners can test their knowledge and understanding of techniques as they progress using flash cards and educational games as well as by completing the exercises included in each module. End of unit tests and quizzes ensure students have fully grasped the concepts behind HTML5 coding concepts before moving on to the next task. Bundled social networking facilities also provide a way for students to share their knowledge and experience, adding another valuable learning tool by which to further improve knowledge and skills.
Key Learning Points In HTML5 For Dummies
During their studies, students will learn about:
- The key elements of every website: texts, pictures and hyperlinks.
- How to lists and tables for display on webpages.
- How to insert images, captions and multimedia to improve the visual appearance of a webpage.
- How to build a navigation system so that visitors can find the information they need on your site easily.
- Tips for designing and implementing forms that capture user input.
- Using CSS3 to adjust the visual appearance of the page.
Advantages of this course
By completing the HTML5 for Dummies course, students will benefit from:
- Practical skills that will allow students to build and manage websites from scratch.
- The basic knowledge required to launch a career in website design and development.
- A firm foundation on which to build advanced web development and programming skills.
HTML5 for Dummies is an informal, approachable course that makes the perfect entry for anyone, regardless of their IT skills, to get started with website development.
In each lesson, you’ll find clear, expert instruction, interactive quizzes, hands-on activities, summaries, and a way to review topics so you can ensure that you understand and have mastered each skill.
This course covers
- Getting started with HTML
- The essentials of every site: text, pictures, and links
- Steps to making lists and tables
- Methods for inserting images, captions, and multimedia
- Advice on devising the site navigation and making content accessible
- Suggestions for validating your code
- Tips for designing forms and capturing the data
- Techniques for styling pages with CSS3
- An introduction to the canvas