If you have some general interest in horticulture, and want to take that interest to an innovative level and a thriving career, then this course is an excellent choice for you. Sign up now, and cultivate your existing knowledge to better understand how modern technology is applied to growing plants.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
A fun-filled, self-paced programme that is organised into 9 easy-to-digest modules that promises to teach you the scientific art of cultivating gardens and garden plants. Enjoy the valuable benefits of this flexible course without compromising with your current commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will provide you with a thorough understanding of how to grow plants scientifically, without soil. And that’s not all. It will guide you through the process of successfully operating your own hydroponics set-up.
- Understand the structure of a plant.
- Understand the term ‘Hydroponics’ and outline the different types.
- Learn the advantages and disadvantages of hydroponics.
- Understand the requirements for plant growth.
- Understand basic chemistry.
- Understand what nutrition plants need to thrive.
- Understand how and why formulae are required.
- Identify the nutrients required for plant nutrition.
- Explain the effect of pH on nutrients.
- Recognise the threats to plants.
- Plan to take preventative measure to protect plants.
- Identify common pest problems.
- Identify fungal diseases on plants.
- Understand the variable of a system.
- Learn how to grow vegetables hydroponically.
- Understand the process for growing berries.
- Outline the ideal conditions for growing ornamental plants.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of nutriculture systems.
- Identify the symptoms of nutrient deficiency.
- Consider the conditions to monitor, in the greenhouse that might influence performance of plants.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- Gain essential knowledge to growing plants scientifically.
- Use this knowledge to successfully operate your own set-up.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Gain a endorsed Diploma for your portfolio.
- Hydroponics – subject guide
- Hydroponic growing
- Greenhouse management
- Hydroponic nutrition
- Garden doctor
- Course notes for further reading