If you are looking to gain foundational knowledge and an understanding of operations relating to the basic calculations and preparation of a payroll, then you are at the right place!
A payroll system involves everything that has to do with the payment of employees. It involves accurate payroll calculations, disbursal, pay slip generation, managing payroll taxes and record keeping compliance.
Boost your current career status by signing up to this learning experience and gain essential skills to be able to perform routine and some non-routine payroll tasks with accuracy and security.
Gain further confidence in your role and be able to identify employees’ pay variations and entitlements as well as learn to make calculations in relation to gross and net pay.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
A programme consisting of 6 informative, easy-to-digest modules promises to deliver an understanding of both Manual and Computerised Payroll Systems.
The programme is flexible and can be studied online, from anywhere, at anytime that best fits around your existing commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will get you familiar with both manual and computerised payroll systems.
Understand the process of maintaining employee records – putting new employees onto the payroll, taking leavers off and making statutory and permanent changes to the payroll.
Learn about the process of paying employees and develop an understanding of all the necessary payroll checks required before a payment is made.
Understand the process of arriving at net pay and the concepts of Starters and Leavers with regards to PAYE and NIC.
Be able to calculate gross pay, including statutory pay and learn more about
- SSP- Statutory Sick Pay
- SMP-Statutory Maternity Pay
- SAP- Statutory Paternity Pay
- SPP- Statutory Adoption Pay
- Statutory Leave
Understand the concepts of Gross pay, Basic pay, Shift pay and Overtime and learn how to calculate Bonuses and Commissions.
Discover what Income Tax, PAYE and National Insurance are, and be able to understand their differences. Learn how the codes are determined and be able to apply them confidently.
Establish the difference between Statutory and voluntary payments and learn how the payroll system is used for the following payments:
- Court orders.
- Give as you earn (GAYE).
- Student loans.
- Union dues.
Gain knowledge of the payslip and learn how net pay is derived.
Explore RTI (Real Time Information) and learn why it was implemented and learn how it has benefited payroll systems.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- You will gain an endorsed Diploma.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Introduction and Starters and Leavers – Manual System
- Gross Pay and Statutory Pay
- The PAYE Regime and The NIC Regime
- Statutory and Voluntary Deductions and Net Pay
- RTI and the Payroll System and Working the Computerised Payroll System