The IT package is an industry developed collection of courses that will boost the career of any aspiring IT professional, or anyone who’s currently in the industry wanting a recognised set of skills to add to their CV. The perfect combination of CompTIA, Microsoft and Cisco training to give you a platform to take your career to the next level with a skillset that validates your dreams.
All of your training is delivered online and you will have 24/7 access to the course content for one year, giving you more than enough time to study at your own pace around any previous commitments you may have. The courses will give you an extensive collection of instructor-led videos and other learning resources via our online learning platform.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This package will help you to build a full understanding of many factors within an IT environment, from hardware and software, to operating systems management, networking and security:
- Common PC components and how they are assembled to create a working computer.
- Component configurations that improve performance and system compatibility.
- How to build a simple network to share data between PCs.
- Installing, configuring and managing the Microsoft Windows operating system on a desktop PC.
- Applying Group Policies to prevent data and settings being accessed or altered by unauthorised users.
- Monitoring and maintaining PCs to identify and resolve potential problems early.
- Physical network cable types and the situations in which each would be used.
- Building LANs and WANs and the correct topology to use for a specific business need.
- How to monitor and manage the traffic passing through network hardware to ensure a consistently high performance for service users.
- The basic principles of network security, using features built-in to routers and switches to prevent unauthorised access and data theft.
- Including network security as a basic design consideration.
- Identifying compliance needs for data and network security and building appropriate safeguards.
- Familiarisation with common network threats and vulnerabilities and how they can be blocked or minimised.
- The three levels of security considerations – application, data and host – and how each is to be protected.
- How user accounts and security groups can limit data access to authorised parties and raise security standards.
- The use of encryption to protect sensitive data against unauthorised access or theft.
Microsoft Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator (Exam 70-686)
- Understand how to manage an enterprise environment
- Tools used to deploy operating systems
- Desktop configurations
Microsoft Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Exam 70-685)
- Key features in Windows 7
- Types of installations and steps and tools needed to upgrade and migrate successfully
- Disc management and device drivers
- File permissions, shared folders and setting up printers
- Using permissions, authentication and authorisation to troubleshoot logon issues
- Active Directory
- Basics of network connectivity
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Benefits that Windows 7 has for laptops and different types of remote access
- Security aspects of the Windows 7 operating system
- Optimising performance aspects of the Windows 7 operating system
- Maintaining Windows 7 through identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving issues
Microsoft Windows 10, Configuring Windows Devices (Exam 70-697)
- How to synchronise a Microsoft account across multiple devices
- Sideloading LOB apps using PowerShell and DISM
- Deploying apps using Microsoft Intune
- How to support authentication and authorisation
- How to configure Homegroups, and differentiating workgroup and domain authentication
- How to migrate user data
- Working with Hyper-V in Windows 10
- Mobility options – how to configure and work with options in Windows 10
- Configuring mobile device security
- Supporting mobile devices
- Connecting mobile devices to Azure and using Microsoft Intune
- Configure networking, IP settings and network security
- Configure data access and protection
- Remote connections and access
- System and file recovery and updates
Cisco 100-105: ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
- Networking 101; including the fundamentals and mechanics of networking
- Switching and Layer 2 Technologies
- Cisco IOS Software & CLI Operation
- IP – Internet Protocol v4/v6
- Routers & Routing Protocols
- Securing the Network
- WAN Technologies
- Mastering the CLI
- Preparing for the official 100-105 exam
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- An all-inclusive package that will help you to kickstart a career in IT
- Combine the understanding of three leading awarding bodies in the IT industry: Microsoft, CompTIA & Cisco
- 24/7 access to the course content through our industry leading learner management system
- One-year course duration, so you can study at your own pace
- Full preparation for the official exams (exams are not included)
- Get a full understanding of corporate computers
- Boots your employment opportunities