Are you inspired by garden design, have a natural flare for it, and wish you could combine your interest and your talent to create the garden of your dreams? Then why not pave yourself a pathway to a thriving career in landscaping by signing up to this comprehensive course and make that dream, a reality.
Why should I enrol on this course?
An information-packed, self-paced programme that is organised onto 10 easy-to-digest modules. This flexible programme promises to deliver everything you need by way of skill and technique to develop bespoke designs for both public and private landscaping.
KEY LEARNING POINTS IN LANDSCAPING
The course will help you develop a solid understanding of the principles and procedures underlying the design and development of garden areas.
- Understand the basic principles of the design procedure.
- Identify pre-planning information required.
- Differentiate between formal, normal and natural gardens.
- Discover how gardens have changed over the years.
- Understand the relationship between design and construction.
- Recognise the importance of adequate drainage.
- Identify the importance of accurate specifications and contracts.
- Identify types of surfacing available.
- Understand the performance considerations when selecting a surface.
- Identify the different characteristics of trails.
- Learn how to plan a trail.
- Understand basic safety when working with electrically powered tools and equipment.
- Understand the causes of soil degradation.
- Select the correct methods for testing soils.
- Understand the importance of drainage.
- Identify common garden features in a traditional cottage garden.
- Understand how to plan for a water feature.
- Select appropriate materials for edging, steps and walling.
- Differentiate between ferrous and non-ferrous metals used in tools.
- Explain how to lay and maintain a lawn.
- Identify other structures that may be used in landscaping.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- In just 10 short units you can acquire the skills to transform your garden into a place of relaxation for family and friends.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the units for your course, you will be awarded: An endorsed Diploma for your portfolio.
- Basic Design Procedure
- History of Gardening Styles
- Draughting and Contracting
- Basic Landscape Construction
- Surfacings, Furnishings and Features
- How to Make Trails
- Tools and Machinery
- Cottage Garden Features
- More on Tools and Machinery
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We want you to be satisfied, so all eligible courses purchased on Vogate can be refunded within 14 days. For whatever reason, if you are unhappy with a course, you can request a refund, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy.
Certain restrictions may apply and some purchases may only be eligible for credit refunds. For more information regarding our refund policy, please see below.
How to submit a refund request
If you’re looking for instructions on how to submit a refund request, please visit our support and help section.
Our 14-day policy
While our 14-day refund policy is to allow customers to learn risk free, we must also protect our vendors from fraud and provide them a reasonable payment schedule. Payments are sent to vendor after 30 days, so we will not process refund requests received after 14 days of purchase.
Additional reasons for denied refunds
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit or deny refund requests in cases where we believe there is refund abuse, including but not limited to the following:
- A significant portion of the course has been consumed or downloaded by a customer before the refund was requested.
- Multiple refunds have been requested by a customer for the same course or other courses
- Excessive refunds have been requested by a customer.
- Users who have their account reported, banned or course access disabled due to a violation of our Terms or Trust & Safety Guidelines.
- We do not grant refunds for any subscription services.
These refund restrictions will be enforced to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Credit only refunds
In cases where a transaction is not eligible for a cash refund, the refund will be granted using Vogate credits, provided it otherwise meets our 14-day refund policy.
If your course purchase is only eligible for a credit refund, this will be indicated on the refund page.
Types of purchases that are only eligible for credit refunds
iOS (Apple): iOS payments are processed through Apple and not Vogate, and so we are unable to offer cash refunds for in-app purchases made in the Apple App Store. You can read more about Apple’s refund policy here.
Bank & cash transfers: certain bank and cash transfer methods are only eligible for credit refunds.
Boleto Bancário: courses purchased through Boleto Bancário are only eligible for credit refunds.
Udemy credits: for more information regarding Vogate credits and refunds involving them, contact us.
Refunds for bundles purchased through a third party
Since the payment for the bundle was processed by the third-party vendor, we do not have the transaction on file and cannot initiate a refund for you. Please contact the third-party vendor directly to request a refund.