The need to improve business acumen is global, for corporates, educational institutions and consumers. The development of business and entrepreneurial skills is a cultural, social and political phenomenon, which is the reason why this course has been developed to propel anyone who is a budding business person. This course can be configured to be an ideal way to fast track the business and commercial capabilities of people who have minimal business experience as well as being an advanced tool for aspiring or actual entrepreneurs. This course is also ideal for anyone looking to underpin their skills and experience enabling them to work their way up in a commercial environment.
For the LEADr Certificate in Commerciality, you will have access to the main tools required to be successful in the business world within a learning programme that will teach you the fundamentals of business and entrepreneurship.
The unique methodology of the programme picks out the essentials of competitive and commercial strategy, links them with financial, organisational and people assessments and applies them to “go/no go decisions”, with the participant’s own money (don’t worry, it’s virtual!).
Learn, practice and apply our simple and powerful business analysis methodology.
This course is the only training programme delivered online that gives learners both the skills and experience using a unique concept of simulation based learning, giving real life examples using role play to build practical skills through an Experiential Learning Environment. The material is underpinned by a research programme at the University of Hertfordshire as well as teaching at University of Cambridge and is based on core competency models within top global corporates.
Key Learning Points
The course utilises the 54:70 Success Matrix™ which is an invaluable concept for individuals to find the perfect balance between skills and experience. It allows students to make success a consistent, tangible result of business. The course delivers both skills and experience using the application of Experiential Learning and Experiential Profiling, engaging the students in practising and developing the key skills and knowledge of business.
- To introduce students to the 54:70 Success Matrix™ and the 9 Key Personal skills required for success.
- To understand the importance of business acumen and how to quantify and develop it to be successful.To understand what makes a business and a business person successful.
- To learn a powerful methodology to understand how to analyse a business and make good decisions.
- To understand the link between commerciality and successful corporate leaders & decision makers.
- To reflect on key strengths as well as areas for improvement and plan for further development.
- To develop proficiency in applying the methodology in the workplace to assess any businesses (external or internal) and identify opportunities.
Throughout the course you will work on developing fundamental skills and experience in line with the 54:70 Success Matrix™:
The 54 – The 9 Skills for Personal Success:
- Problem solving
- Team player
- Business Astuteness
- Decision Judgement
- Technology appreciation
The 70 – the 10 Factors for Business Success:
- Market Size
- Market Growth
- Market Profitability
- E.g. Design
- E.g. Price
- E.g. Sales
- E.g. Marketing
- Company Financials
- Entrepreneurs Characteristics
- Deal Dynamics
Based on the 54:70 Success Matrix™, this meter shows the key development skills.
Certificate received once programme is passed.
The Business Assessment Toolkit
Advantages of the course
- Online Leaderboards show the performance based on your Return on Investment against the model answer and an overall combination.
- A comprehensive feedback report shows your current level of business acumen, and a description of how you can improve your skills further moving forwards, benchmarked against industry standards.
- CPD Certification upon completion.
- 24 hour access to the course content for 12 months.
- 24 hour, Monday to Friday support.
- Gain an introduction to the importance of business acumen and how to develop it.
- Complete a self-reflection module covering the 9 Key Personal Skills and set a benchmark for the programme
- Find out about the programme outcomes
- Complete an introductory module in the E-Academy which provides an in depth overview of the 9 Key Personal skills of successful people
- Introduction to a powerful methodology that teaches you to analyse any business as well as applying it to your own
- What is a market segment?
- The three key questions when defining a market
- Learn why segmentation is so important
- Learn that market attractiveness depends on its size, growth and profitability
- Understand how to use data and tools like PESTLE to help you assess the size and growth potential of your market
- Learn how to use competitive intensity to assess the profitability of your market
- The four key points to remember about markets
- Complete the Level 1: “Square Mile” Dragons’ Den case study to practice and develop Problem-Solving, Enterprising, Communication and Self-Awareness skills
- Understand that there are two ways to beat the competition
- Learn that comparing against competitors involves assessing the offering position (doing it better) and the operating position (doing it at lower cost)
- Study how Apple excels in both its offering position and operating position
- The four key points to learn about strategy
- Complete the Level 2: “Extreme Fliers” Dragons’ Den case study to practice and develop Problem-Solving, Enterprising, Team-Player, Business-Awareness, Decision-Judgement and Communication skills
- The three aspects of business performance and risk when investing
- The four elements of the cash cycle
- Understand the different routes for raising finance
- Study the break-even point for a business
- Learn about the importance of cash flow
- Understand about company financial statements
- Sense check the commercial viability of an investment opportunity and evaluate the deal dynamics
- Learn the importance of people factors in the success of businesses
- Complete the Level 3: “Mixalbum.com” Dragons’ Den case study to practice and develop Problem-Solving, Enterprising, Team-Player, Business-Awareness, Decision-Judgement and Communication skills
- Assess all of the knowledge you have covered in a final exam to pass the programme and gain your certificate
- Measure your 9 Key Skills on our skills meters throughout the programme
- Receive a downloadable Personal Skills Profile for reflection
- Apply the methodology you have learnt to your own business idea to measure likely success
- Measure yourself on the 54:70 Success Matrix™
- Use a step by step toolkit to analyse strengths and weaknesses, spot opportunities and create an action plan to ensure strategic success!