the Bosnian language is a South Slavic language spoken mainly in Bosnia and Herzegovina by about 2.2 million people. It follows both Cyrillic and Latin scripts and is closely related to, and mutually intelligible, with Croatian, Serbian and Montenegrin.
‘Bosnia’ translates ‘water’ and its beautiful waterfalls, rivers and lakes reflect this. The culture of Bosnia and Herzegovina encompasses the country’s ancient heritage, architecture, literature, visual arts, music, cinema, sports and cuisine.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This rewarding course will provide you with fundamental skills to be able to confidently interact in this exclusive language.
- You will acquire a second language that has interesting inspirations from different empires across the ages
- You will gain a better understanding and appreciation of the Bosnian literature and songs, which will allow you to indulge in the music and culture
- You will discover the keywords and phrases to gain insight into the local culture and your surroundings
- You will recognise the alphabet and the sounds in Azeri and be able to use the numbers 1-20
- Meet and greet people with a general introduction using simple greetings
- Enjoy using colours and implementing them as descriptive words them in conversations
- Understand the days of the week and be able to ask and tell the time
- Be confident when talking about professions, various countries and the area in which you live
- Be able to exchange your phone number and contact details
- Explore food and drinks in Bosnia and discuss your preferences
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Bosnian has a lot of loanwords, which makes it interesting for language learners and opens the way to other languages.
- If you aspire to be a globetrotter, learning languages is a must. Travelling will be much easier and more enjoyable when there isn’t a language barrier.
- If you feel like you’re in for some change and you’re looking for some excitement and adventure in your life, a foreign language might just be the door that’s waiting to be opened for you to experience another land.
- Meeting new and interesting people and developing life-long friendships (or, who knows, even the love of your life!) are certainly objectives well worth aspiring for, and learning another language is a great way to expedite that process.
- By learning the Bosnian language you can earn money by becoming a translator.
There are no reviews yet.