It has been predicted that energy prices will rise sharply over the next five years due to security of supply, increasing global demand and a reduction in generation capacity. Now is the time for companies to act to reduce their carbon emissions and avoid facing an uncertain future relating to both supply and cost.
Tailored to the needs of all organisations, we have developed an interactive, online training course that will provide you with an overview of the current global energy issues and how your company and the people that work in your organisation can be more energy aware and help your business to be more energy efficient.
Our combined Stage One and Stage Two Low Energy Company training programme is easy to use and can be completed in around two hours. It provides an excellent long term value proposition for all enterprises – small, medium or large.
Key Learning Points
- The key purpose of the course is to help raise energy awareness and to change behaviour.
- The learner will be presented with the knowledge needed to raise their awareness of the impact of energy consumption (Stage 1) and their accountability in changing energy consumption behaviour (Stage 2).
- The programme has been designed to meet the requirements of the Low Energy Training Company (LEC) scheme and is accredited by the Energy Managers Association.
- The course is CPD certified, giving the learner 2 CPD hours towards their continuous professional development.
- For more information, please download our information pack.
Advantages of this course
- Our LEC Training programme is designed to support verifiable learning outcomes for your staff and on completion each individual will be given a unique learner number and registered with Energy Managers Association (http://www.theema.org.uk/) for a period of three years to acknowledge their understanding of current energy management and energy efficiency issues.
- Your organisation will be awarded Low Energy Company status, upon completion of the course. Dependant on the percentage of staff that complete the programme you will be awarded Gold, Silver or Bronze LEC Accreditation.
Gold 80% trained staff
Silver 50% trained staff
Bronze 30% trained staff
- Use of this accreditation as credibility and on corporate stationery.
- Potential financial savings on your organisations energy bills of up to 15% per annum *(http://www.emexlondon.com/acting-on-energy-data-to-great-applause/)
- The role of carbon in climate change
- The impact on the environment from energy use
- Sustainability and renewable energy
- Primary sources of energy
- Security of energy supply
- The energy supply chain
- The carbon footprint of energy supply
- Measuring energy consumption
- Energy efficiency
- Improving the thermal performance of a building
- Changing behaviours to save energy
- Energy consumption and the use of equipment
- Renewable energy technologies
- The business case for energy management
- Energy management
- Energy monitoring and targeting
- Energy Reporting
- The energy management team