Level 1, 2 & 3 English American Course with Business Correspondence
In terms of the foundations of the language, there is not much difference between Queen’s English and American English. But, the difference comes in the accent, pronunciation and how they’re written. The American Dictionary changes some of the British English spelling to a more phonetic spelling, for example “colour” is spelt “color”.
This package will teach you how to pronounce words like an American. You will learn up an advanced level of the language, while learning handy business terms and phrases to improve your job opportunities or existing company’s prospects in the birthplace of the American Dream. The United States of America (USA) is the world’s largest economy by nominal GDP and second largest by purchasing power parity, with USA’s GDP estimated to be $19.4 trillion in 2018. The U.S. dollar is the currency most used in international transactions, cementing their status as an economic superpower.
American English (Level 1)
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in American English
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colours
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simply greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks
American English (Level 2)
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
American English (Level 3)
- Ask for locations or places using “where?”
- Recognise parts of the body
- Ask politely using “could”
- Learn how to order food and drinks at a restaurant
- Learn how to ask for information in a hotel
- Able to express yourself in the future tense
American English Business
- Talk about yourself and your company
- Arrange and attend business meetings
- Talk on the phone and leave messages
- Describe your product
- Use phrases to help with negotiations and sales
- Discuss agreements and contracts
- Talk about banking and accounting
ADVANTAGES OF THI COURSE
- Mapped to international CEFR levels and ACTFL standards.
- Speak the language of the world’s largest economy and improve your career prospects, either as a jobseeker or a business.
- Implement your knowledge as you make your way through the course.
- Examples in sound, so you can practice your pronunciation until it’s perfect.
There are no reviews yet.