Health and safety are of critical importance to any environment in which food is involved. Livelihoods – in extreme cases, even lives – depend on a rigorous approach to all areas of food preparation. That’s what makes this course so relevant today and so useful to anyone involved in the food service and hospitality sectors.
Designed by leading environmental health specialists from Acoura – the UK’s fastest growing provider of risk services for the food and drink supply chain – it gives a thorough grounding in all the key areas of the discipline.
Level 2 Health and Safety in the Catering Workplace is ideal for:
- Anyone working in a food-handling environment;
- Any employee working in the food service, hospitality or catering sectors;
- Any individual wanting to learn about health and safety in the catering workplace.
The course is structured to blend interactive learning with quick quizzes and a short certificated test on completion. Narration is from Lisa Ackerley, better known as TV’s ‘Hygiene Doctor’. This allows learners to engage with the course content via a familiar and authoritative spokesperson for health and safety.
Key learning points
The course is arranged into different modules, giving learners an accessible structure within which to master the basics of this fascinating and increasingly important subject. Each module covers a particular area or discipline within the catering and food preparation industry, with content including:
- The consequences of poor health and safety;
- The main areas of law that cover the workplace;
- Management’s responsibility for the welfare of employees;
- The benefits of good housekeeping practices and how to use equipment safely;
- The hazards associated with manual handling.
Within each module there is an interactive quiz, enabling learners to test their knowledge and reinforce their learning. All topics will be covered in the final test.
Advantages of this course
- Health and safety for the catering workplace is relevant to master chefs and kitchen assistants alike; therefore, this course is designed to be of benefit to people at all levels of employment.
- The course gives learners the practical tools and understanding to help ensure their workplace is a safer place for all who work there.
- On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Control and report occupational health hazards;
- Reduce the likelihood of slips, trips and falls;
- Understand the level of first aid required at different sites;
- Gain an understanding of how to keep yourself safe through following safe methods;
- How to manage risk;
- How to lift and carry safely.
- In addition to the teaching of invaluable practical skills, the course also provides an excellent base from which to explore more advanced and specialised health and safety modules and programmes.
- Introduction to Health and safety
- Health and safety Legislation and Enforcement
- Health and Health Hazards
- The Principles of preventing Accidents
- Welfare at Work
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Manual Handling