Massage and massage therapy is a widely used way of relieving tension, recovering from injury, and just relaxing in general. The origins of massage therapy are believed to have come from India, some 5,000 years ago. Over time the holistic benefits of massage have spread via China, Japan and Egypt, eventually onto Europe and the rest of the world.
While the elements and practices associated with massages have changed and evolved over the 5,000 years of its existence, it still hasn’t really been tailored to those with special needs. Whether those needs are due to physical disability, mental disability, or an illness, this course can teach you how to provide effective massage therapy to those with special needs.
Along with that, this course has also been created to teach those with special needs to perform massage therapy, enabling them to potentially start a career in the divine holistic art of 5,000 years.
Why should I enrol?
One of the main selling points of this course is that fact that the learning modules can be applied to the able-bodied, as well as those with special needs, therefore making it the most comprehensive massage courses on the market. Alongside the aforementioned applicability to both able-bodied and special needs, this course also covers aromatherapy for animals, so you can use some of the therapies learned on your beloved pets.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- You’ll learn the benefits of massage therapy for both the able-bodied and the disabled
- This course also covers looking after those with severe or terminal illness through massage therapy
- You will cover the uses and benefits of essential oils
- This Massage for Special Needs course also covers the therapy of animals via aromatherapy
- You’ll cover the wide variety of techniques in the massage world
- You’ll be able to give effective and relieving massages, and potentially start a new career
- What is aromatherapy?
- Looking after the therapist
- Massage for those with severe or terminal illness
- Working with emotional/mental special needs
- A reference folder on essential oils will also be provided
- Health & Safety
- Massage techniques
- Special individuals make special therapists
- The benefits of massage for all
- Aromatherapy for animals