The MCSA Server 2012 online course is essential for improving Windows server management skills or working towards an MCSE Certification.
The MCSA Server qualification is built around three exams, and this course is tailored to help you properly understand the concepts and techniques required to pass them. It will provide you with a complete understanding of deployment in a real-world environment, including installation, configuration and managing advanced services.
This online training not only includes a range of course materials, but access to Practice-Labs. This enables you to develop your practical skills and recreate scenarios from your studies using dedicated live equipment.
By the end of the course, you will not only understand the concepts behind MCSA Server 2012, but also develop the skills needed to properly manage, maintain and troubleshoot servers.
This course contains all the materials and practice notes required to achieve the MCSE qualification. It also features live chat tutor support, which is available 24/7 to help you through your training. This is aided by complementary email support which allows our experts to provide in-depth answers to more complex questions.
The human element that LiveTutor provides is key to a true blended learning solution. It takes the inhuman and impersonal elements of online learning and brings them to life!
The mentoring option allows you to have a more structured and guided experience while you study. If the prospect of undertaking a self-taught online course is daunting for you, but you wish to retain the flexibility that can’t be offered by a classroom taught course, then the best option is the mentor programme.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Training begins by familiarising you with the fundamentals of working with Microsoft Windows Servers:
- Installing and configuring Server including basic hardware and permissions configuration.
- Configuring key OS services including file sharing, print serving and networking roles.
- Creating Active Directory users and computers and the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) required to manage a corporate network.
- Using built-in security tools to restrict access to data, applications and other key network resources.
Once you have grasped the core principles behind installing and configuring a Windows Server, training moves on to concentrate on the skills needed to keep it running in peak condition:
- Simplifying server and patch deployment using images.
- Improving data security and access using Distributed File Systems (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), file and disk encryption.
- Monitoring and auditing servers to identify and resolve potential problems.
- Networking concepts including VPNs, Network Policy Server (NPS) and policies, Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Managing the wider network efficiently with Domain Controllers, service authentication, Active Directory, account policies and GPOs.
The final section of the course is a deep-dive into the advanced Windows Server services required to maintain an enterprise-class operating environment. You can expect to learn:
- How and why to configure Network Load Balancing (NLB) and failover clustering for maximum resource availability.
- Installing and managing Windows Server in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment.
- Managing storage and backups, server recovery and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Advanced network management using DHCP, DNS, IPAM and Active Directory domains, forests trusts and sites.
- Securing enterprise network resources using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS) and Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS).
Once these three modules are complete, you will have the knowledge and practical experience required to earn the Microsoft Server MCSA qualification.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
The MCSA Server course is perfect for improving your server and network management skills, or gaining the knowledge and experience required to pass your MCSA exam.
During this course you will:
- Receive all the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA Server exam, also laying the foundations for obtaining the MCSE qualification.
- Develop real-world skills to back up server installation and management theory.
- Improve knowledge, skills and employment prospects with Microsoft-approved course materials.
- Install, configure and maintain Windows Server for optimum performance and reliability.
- Master the techniques required deploy, configure and manage Active Directory and associated services.
- Construct, deploy and manage an advanced Windows Server network and operating environment.