Fundamental to all of the Microsoft engineering qualifications is the MCSA Windows 8 qualification. This course ensures that students have access to all the training materials and system resources required to prepare for and pass the MCSA Windows 8 exam.
Discover how to install Windows 8 from scratch, before going on to learn the fundamentals of managing and maintaining Microsoft’s latest desktop operating system. IT engineers and network managers will gain a complete understanding of desktop deployment in their own real-world environment.
More than simply providing access to course materials however,’ Practice-Labs help delegates develop their practical skills with access to dedicated live equipment, allowing them to put their knowledge to the test and recreate the scenarios they encounter in their studies. By completing this course students will not only fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft Windows 8, but also develop the skills needed to properly manage, maintain and troubleshoot desktop PCs and mobile devices as they would in any enterprise-class networked environment.
Learn more about practice labs
View more about Practice Labs
Key learning points
The Microsoft Windows 8 MCSA qualification requires candidates to sit and pass two exams. This course covers all of the concepts and techniques required to pass the exams, and provides a safe and secure test lab environment in which students can put their knowledge to the test.
Windows 8 training begins by introducing to the operating system fundamentals:
- Installing and configuring Windows 8, including image creation and deployment.
- Configuring hardware and software for proper compatibility and operation.
- Sharing resources and files using the Windows 8 native network tools, including DirectAccess.
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues to maintain healthy operation.
- Performing backups, system restore operations and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Implementing Windows 8 Mobility to support a flexible workforce.
Once students have mastered the basics, the course moves on to cover advanced Windows 8 concepts that will help better manage and maintain Windows 8 computers. Delegates will learn how to:
- Plan and implement local and remote management methods to simplify their administrative burden.
- Design Windows 8 recovery solutions to keep a corporate desktop estate running in the event of an outage or disaster.
- Use Windows Intune to manage Windows 8 clients and to configure Cloud services.
- Manage, deploy and configure desktop apps using the Windows Store and other network resources.
- Harden desktop security by creating and managing user profiles to control access to files, printers, system preferences and other resources.
- Improve desktop data security using encryption and endpoint security settings.
- Manage internal network resource access through user authentication and permissions.
- Install and configure Windows 8 in a corporate network environment using advanced, centralised deployment techniques.
Once students have completed each of the modules and associated practical lab exercises they will have the skills and knowledge required to earn the Microsoft Windows 8 MCSA qualification.
Advantages of this course
Web-accessible course materials allow students to follow the course at their own pace, in their own time. The MCSA Windows 8 course provides:
- All the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA Windows 8 exam, which can also be used towards earning the MCSE qualification.
- Develop real-world skills to reinforce Windows 8 desktop management theory.
- Improve knowledge, skills and employment prospects with Microsoft-approved course materials.
- Install, configure and maintain Windows 8 for optimum performance and reliability in a corporate network environment.
- Construct, deploy and manage an advanced network environment using Windows 8 desktop and mobile devices.
The MCSA Windows 8 course is essential for IT professionals who want to improve their server and network management skills, or gain the knowledge and experience required to pass their MCSA exam.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.
Microsoft 70-687: Configuring Windows 8
Microsoft 70-688: Managing and Maintaining Windows 8