Enhance knowledge, skills and employment prospects by becoming a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. This five-module course is essential preparation for IT professionals seeking to consolidate and quantify their experience, or to sit the MCSE Server Infrastructure exams to achieve the full MCSE certification.
You can expect to gain a complete understanding of the Windows Server 2012 platform, from the basics of installing the operating system, to deployment across a multi-site, multi-domain network. Advanced topics will enable you to design and build a robust, secure server infrastructure that uses the latest technologies to improve data availability and access for improved business operations.
You will recreate course scenarios using the online practice labs that gives access to dedicated hardware and software. In this way, you will practice techniques to extend your technical knowledge and experiences without risking their live systems or needing to construct a costly test environment. Consequently, you will fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft Windows Server 2012, and develop the skills needed to properly manage, maintain and troubleshoot servers as they would in any enterprise-class datacentre.
The MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012 course is essential training for System Administrators and Network Engineers who need to sharpen their skills, or work towards MCSE certification as part of their continuing professional development.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Training begins by familiarising you with the fundamentals of working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012:
- Installing and configuring Server 2012 including basic hardware and permissions configuration.
- Configuring key OS services including file sharing, print serving and networking roles.
- Creating Active Directory users and computers and the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) required to manage a corporate network.
- Using built-in security tools to restrict access to data, applications and other key network resources.
Once the core principles behind installing and configuring a Windows 2012 Server have been grasped, training then moves on to concentrate on the skills needed by an IT professional to keep the server running in peak condition:
- Simplifying server and patch deployment using images.
- Improving data security and access using Distributed File Systems (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), file and disk encryption.
- Monitoring and auditing servers to identify and resolve potential problems.
- Networking concepts including VPNs, Network Policy Server (NPS) and policies, Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Managing the wider network efficiently with Domain Controllers, service authentication, Active Directory, account policies and GPOs.
The third section of the course is a deep-dive into the advanced services required to maintain an enterprise-class operating environment. You will learn:
- How and why to configure Network Load Balancing (NLB) and failover clustering for maximum resource availability.
- Installing and managing Windows Server 2012 in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment.
- Managing storage and backups, server recovery and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Advanced network management using DHCP, DNS, IPAM and Active Directory domains, forests trusts and sites.
- Securing enterprise network resources using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS) and Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS).
The course then moves onto considering the integration of Windows Server into a wider operating environment, and building the infrastructure required to support operations:
- Carrying out server upgrades and migrations, and building the infrastructure required for rapid deployment of future server resources.
- Building a secure corporate network using Active Directory services and Group Policy Objects to restrict network access, share files and manage storage.
- Design and maintain the networking infrastructure required to support an enterprise-class network including domain infrastructure, name resolution, IP configuration and address management.
Finally, the course concludes by consolidating your existing level of knowledge before explaining the use of advanced Windows Server 2012 services and functions:
- The planning, build, deployment and management of virtual machines using System Center 2012 in a specially designed enterprise datacentre.
- Using Information Rights Management (IRM), Identity Federation and Public Key Infrastructure to create additional layers of security for corporate network resources.
- Designing a high-availability infrastructure and accompanying business continuity strategy to reduce downtime in the event of a local disaster.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- All the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA Windows Server 2012 exam, also laying the foundations for obtaining the MCSE Server Infrastructure qualification.
- To develop real-world skills to back up server installation and management theory using Microsoft-approved course materials.
- To install, configure and maintain Windows Server 2012 and advanced services for optimum performance and reliability.
- To master the techniques required deploy, configure and manage Active Directory and associated services.
- To construct, deploy and manage an advanced Windows Server 2012 network and operating environment.
- To build a virtualised Server 2012 infrastructure that maximises datacentre resources and offers scope for future business growth.
- The MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012 course is essential for IT professionals who want to improve their server and network management skills, or gain the knowledge and experience required to pass their MCSA and MCSE exams.
- Practice exams are including in all modules to help you familiarise yourself with the exam criteria