The Microsoft Windows operating system is the most popular desktop operating system, both by number of users and ease of use, in the world. It is mainly used by businesses as a complete, succinct enterprise desktop solution, but also has many individual users who see the benefits of utilising Windows.
The Microsoft 70-740 course covers the installation, storage, and computing functionalities available in Windows Server 2016. You will learn to harness Windows Server to manage your infrastructure in a cost-effective and high-performance manner. If you need to understand the scenarios, requirements, and storage and compute options available and applicable to Windows Server 2016, this course is for you.
This course will prepare you for the Microsoft 70-740 exam, which goes towards the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server qualification. The 70-740 is one of three modules that need to be taken, with three associated exams. Once you have passed all three, you will have globally recognised MCSA status, which shows your proficiency and skills in your knowledge of Windows Server 2016.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Installation of Windows Server through standard manual means and image based installations discussing various requirements and different versions.
- Cover the multiple administrative tools available.
- Storage spaces and data deduplication.
- Connections of Windows Server 2016 physical and virtual machines to iSCSI and Fibre Channel SANs.
- Learn Hyper-Vs various changes and enhancements, including PowerShell Direct, Nested Virtualisation and Shielded Virtualisation.
- General configuration and management of virtual machines.
- Cover the Containers – a new style of virtualisation possible in Windows Server 2016.
- Consider and configure various types of high availability and disaster recovery.
- Patch management and monitoring and the various tools available to ensure the ongoing efficiency of Windows Server 2016.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- This course is led by a subject matter expert with a minimum of 15 years, real-world experience.
- Self-paced training program that is designed to allow flexibility.
- Demonstrations and visual representations that allow students to develop their skills.
- Quizzes and exam simulators.
- World class Learning Management System (LMS) which allows you to interact with other students.
- 12-month access to the course content.
- 24/7 access to the course content throughout your duration.
- Learn how to manage your computing infrastructure using Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
- Get to grips with the latest features of Windows Server.
- Work your way towards coveted MCSA status.
- Installing, upgrading, and migrating servers and workloads
- Configuring local storage
- Implementing enterprise storage solutions
- Implementing storage spaces and data deduplication
- Installing and configuring Hyper-V and virtual machines
- Deploying and managing Windows and Hyper-V containers
- Overview of high availability and disaster recovery
- Implementing failover clustering
- Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Implementing Network Load Balancing
- Creating and managing deployment images
- Managing, monitoring, and maintaining virtual machine installations