Get to grips with the basics of using a spreadsheet effectively with the Excel 2010 Introduction Course. Designed to be a complete introduction to the basics of using Microsoft Excel, this quick-start package will teach students everything they need to get started with using spreadsheets to their full potential.
Microsoft Excel is the world’s most popular spreadsheet application, and a basic proficiency in Excel is often regarded as a standard pre-requisite for any office or admin-related role.
As a basic overview of Excel 2010, this course is best suited to:
- Individuals with little or no experience of using spreadsheets.
- Employees who need to be sure they have fully mastered Excel 2010 to boost on-the-job performance.
- Home users who would like to know how to use spreadsheets to organise their own information.
The self-study approach to learning means that students can work at their own pace, as and when suits them – all they need to get started is an Internet-connected computer and a copy of Microsoft Excel 2010.
Students can also use our social networking platform to ask for help with any problems they have in completing exercises, or to share their own tips and advice with their peers who are also taking the same course.
key learning points
The step-by-step approach to learning means that students can quickly grasp the basic concepts of using Excel effectively. By the end of the course students will be more than able to build and use their own spreadsheets effectively using Excel 2010.
Throughout the course learners will be taught to apply a number of high-level concepts including:
- Entering and editing data in cells.
- Finding their way around the important parts of a workbook and familiarisation with basic settings.
- How to select and manipulate a range of cells.
- Inserting and deleting cells.
- Formatting cells and text to improve appearance, or to enforce the data types that can be entered.
- Formatting cells and sheets using the style gallery.
- Working with multiple files and windows to boost productivity.
- Resizing spreadsheets and tables for printing.
- Using the AutoSum button and formula copying to speed up data operations.
- Building custom formulas and functions to perform automated data operations.
- Creating and formatting charts to display data visually.
- Proofing text to correct spelling mistakes and data entry errors.
advantages of this course
As the name implies, the Excel 2010 Introduction Course is designed to help students quickly get to grips with spreadsheet fundamentals. Upon completion of this training package learners will be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of Excel 2010 and how the spreadsheets system can be used to improve business data processing and analysis.
Among the benefits of taking this course are:
- An improved knowledge of using spreadsheets that will instantly translate into greater productivity at work.
- A boost in confidence at work that comes from having improved, up-to-date skills.
- Improved employment prospects by being able to demonstrate an in-demand skill.
Students completing this course will not only be more proficient in the use of Excel, but they will also have laid the groundwork for additional studies that will improve their skills. Students hoping to obtain the Microsoft Office Professional (MOS) exam will find the Excel 2010 Introduction Course an invaluable first step.
MS Excel 2010: Introduction
In this course, you will learn to create tables in the Microsoft Excel program, to enter data in them, to format the data and edit the table format. You will provide calculations through simple functions and formulas and will familiarize yourself with the basics of chart creation and formatting.
List of Lessons:
There are no reviews yet.