Whether simply improving Windows server management skills, or working towards an MCSE certification, the Microsoft MCSA Windows Server 2012 course is an essential component of both. This course contains all the materials you need to achieve the Microsoft MCSA certification and the associated benefits
From installing and configuring Windows Server 2012 to managing the advanced services included in the operating system, engineers, administrators and network managers will gain a complete understanding of deployment in a real-world environment.
By completing this course, you will not only fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft Windows Server 2012, but also develop the skills needed to properly manage, maintain and troubleshoot servers as they would in any enterprise-class datacentre.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The MCSA Windows Server 2012 certification is built around three exams, and this course is tailored to help you properly understand the concepts and techniques required to pass them all.
Training begins by familiarising delegates with the fundamentals of working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012:
- Installing and configuring Server 2012 including basic hardware and permissions configuration.
- Configuring key OS services including file sharing, print serving and networking roles.
- Creating Active Directory users and computers and the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) required to manage a corporate network.
- Using built-in security tools to restrict access to data, applications and other key network resources.
Once the core principles behind installing and configuring a Windows 2012 Server have been grasped, training then moves on to concentrate on the skills needed by an IT professional to keep the server running in peak condition:
- Simplifying server and patch deployment using images.
- Improving data security and access using Distributed File Systems (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), file and disk encryption.
- Monitoring and auditing servers to identify and resolve potential problems.
- Networking concepts including VPNs, Network Policy Server (NPS) and policies, Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Managing the wider network efficiently with Domain Controllers, service authentication, Active Directory, account policies and GPOs.
The final section of the course is a deep-dive into the advanced Windows Server 2012 services required to maintain an enterprise-class operating environment. You can expect to learn:
- How and why to configure Network Load Balancing (NLB) and failover clustering for maximum resource availability.
- Installing and managing Windows Server 2012 in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment.
- Managing storage and backups, server recovery and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Advanced network management using DHCP, DNS, IPAM and Active Directory domains, forests trusts and sites.
- Securing enterprise network resources using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS) and Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS).
Once these three modules are complete, students will have the knowledge and practical experience required to earn the Microsoft MCSA Server 2012 certification.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- All the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA Server 2012 exam, also laying the foundations for obtaining the MCSE qualification.
- Develop real-world skills to back up server installation and management theory with the practice labs where you can build your experience in a risk-free environment
- Install, configure and maintain Windows Server 2012 for optimum performance and reliability.
- Master the techniques required to deploy, configure and manage Active Directory and associated services.
- Construct, deploy and manage an advanced Windows Server 2012 network and operating environment.
- 24/7 access to the course content for 12 months
- Practice exams included for all three modules, so you can familiarise yourself with the exams contents
- Microsoft certifications are a globally recognised benchmark of quality in IT, achieving this MCSA certification will give you the skills needed for Windows server management skills