What are Acrylic Nails?
Nail Technician – This particular programme focuses on the application of acrylic nails. Acrylic nails have been a staple in the beauty industry for years, and this staying power has contributed to their on-going popularity.
Acrylics are applied using a liquid monomer and a powder polymer to create a hard protective layer over the natural nails. Acrylics only harden when exposed to air.” When the acrylic hardens, it provides a perfect canvas for applying nail colour.
Generally acrylic nails will last 2-3 weeks; thereafter they will require some maintenance and infill procedures to be carried out to keep them looking natural and groomed.
Our acrylic nail course will teach you all the techniques you require to be able to carry out these treatments.
If you have a creative mind and a passion for nail art, then you will enjoy diving into the flourishing nail industry.
Whether you are a beginner, want to brush up your current skills or simply want to boost your career with a recognised Diploma, our course is a wonderful learning opportunity.
The Work of the Nail Technician
As a nail technician your work will be varied and rewarding. Not only will you apply, repair and remove false nails or extensions, but you will also offer basic treatments such as manicures and pedicures as well as ensuring your client’s nails are free from any skin or nail problems before you begin the treatment.
KEY LEARNING POINTS IN BECOMING A NAIL TECHNICIAN
This course is designed to give you complete training in becoming a successful nail technician so you can practice your techniques on yourself, friends or family.
- Understand the importance of Health & Safety when working with enhancements. Recognise the difference between sterilisation and disinfection
- Understand what qualities / attitude makes a successful professional nail technician, and why appearance and behaviour are important factors. Recognise the difference between codes of practice and ethics
- Understand the basic anatomy of the hand and wrist and discover the main function and structure of the skin and nail
- Understand nail shapes, recognise untreatable nails and skin disorders
- Discover the benefits of manicure
- Learn how to perform a consultation for a manicure and Identify how to set up a work station and what equipment and tools are required
- Explain the need for customising a tip and how to apply and blend a tip
- Understand the importance of minimising waste
- Understand the chemistry of Acrylic and powder and how the stages work
- Identifying when a client will need infill’s and the procedure required for maintenance
- Understand the Infill procedure
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Improve your employability by adding this diploma to your skillset.
- Pamper your friends and family with your newfound skills.
- There are many additional courses that you can study to expand your portfolio in the beauty field.
- You can save money by doing your own nails.
- As a nail technician, you will have a choice of where you want to work, even a cruise ship.
- Meet different types of people.
- Nail Enhancement Systems and Health & Safety
- Becoming a Nail Technician
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Nail disorders and shapes
- Starting on Tips
- Application of Liquid and Powder
- Infill’s and maintenance
There are no reviews yet.