This particular programme focuses on the application of gel nails. Unlike acrylic nails, gel nails tend to be more flexible, and although they are painted and decorated in the same way as acrylics, the application is different.
Generally gel nails will last 2-3 weeks; thereafter they will require some maintenance and back fill and rebalancing procedures to be carried out to keep them looking natural and groomed.
If you have a creative mind and a passion for nail art then you will enjoy diving into the flourishing nail industry.
Whether you are a beginner, want to brush up your current skills or simply want to boost your career with a recognised Diploma, our course is a wonderful learning opportunity.
The Work of the Nail Technician
As a nail technician your work will be varied and rewarding. Not only will you apply, repair and remove false nails or extensions, but you will also offer basic treatments such as manicures and pedicures as well as ensuring your client’s nails are free from any skin or nail problems before you begin the treatment.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Understand the importance of Health & Safety when working with enhancements. Recognise the difference between sterilisation and disinfection
- Understand what qualities / attitude makes a successful professional nail technician, and why appearance and behaviour are important factors. Recognise the difference between codes of practice and ethics
- Understand the basic anatomy of the hand and wrist and discover the main function and structure of the skin and nail
- Understand nail shapes, recognise untreatable nails and skin disorders
- Discover the benefits of manicure
- Learn how to perform a consultation for a manicure and Identify how to set up a work station and what equipment and tools are required
- Explain the need for customising a tip and how to apply and blend a tip
- Understand the importance of minimising waste
- Understand the Chemistry of Gel and learn the stages of Gel and effect of UV Lamp
- Understand the application of gel in zones and recognise finishing procedures to ensure a smooth and glossy surface
- Identifying when a client will need back fill and rebalancing and the procedure required for maintenance.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Pamper your friends and family with your newfound skills.
- There are many additional courses that you can study to expand your portfolio in the beauty field.
- You can save money by doing your own nails.
- As a nail technician, you will have a choice of where you want to work, even a cruise ship.
- Meet different types of people.
- Nail Enhancement Systems and Health & Safety
- Learn how to be a nail technician from home
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Nail disorders and shapes
- Starting on Tips
- Application of Gel
- Gel Infill’s and maintenance
- Troubleshooting with Gel
There are no reviews yet.