What is a Natural Manicure?
The word “Manicure” comes from the Latin “Manus” meaning hand and “Cura” meaning care. Throughout history nail care/ hand care has always been prominent across many cultures and have become a very popular treatment in the beauty industry.
Natural manicures focus more on strengthening the nail, rather than decorating or embellishing. This simple treatment can also be carried out whilst doing a pedicure.Natural manicures help protect nails and cuticles and prevent cracks, splits and yellowing.
A natural manicure will include soaking the hand, cleaning the nails, filing and shaping the nails, removing and moisturising the cuticles, massaging the hands and wrists, use of specialist treatment as requested and the application of polish and buff shine on the natural nail.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Understand your legal responsibilities regarding health and hygiene
- Recognise good salon safety policies and procedures
- Understand how to dispose of waste materials correctly
- Identify the three levels of decontamination
- Understand the main function and structure of the skin and nail
- Understand the process of keratinisation and the process of nail growth
- Understand the basic anatomy of the hand and wrist
- Understand what is a treatable condition and what is a contra-indication
- Understand how to recognise nail diseases and disorders
- Discover the reasons for having a manicure / pedicure
- Explain the implements involved in manicures and pedicures
- Explore the cosmetics involved
- Recognise natural nail shapes and the importance of complimenting the client
- Understand the benefits of natural specialist treatments
- Understand the basic manicure procedure
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Pamper your friends and family with your newfound skills.
- There are many additional courses that you can study to expand your portfolio in the beauty field.
- You can save money by doing your own nails.
- Meet different types of people.
- Provide a relaxing treatment, with improved appearance and circulation for your client.
- Health and Hygiene
- Client Consultation
- Anatomy & Physiology
- The Hand
- Treatable and Untreatable Contra-indications
- Why Manicure
- Manicure products/equipment
- Basic Manicure: Step-by-Step
- Luxury Manicure: Step-By-Step
- Polish Application