Break into enterprise-class database operations with the Oracle Certified Associate program. Students completing the Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate course will learn entry-level database operation skills and be ready to sit the initial OCA qualification exams.
The Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate course will be of great interest to:
- Trainee operators working with Oracle 11g databases.
- Experienced database operators who need to earn a qualification to evidence their skills.
- IT professionals who are cross-training to improve their database management skills.
- Persons wanting to learn the basics of Oracle database operation with a view to moving into IT operations.
This course is an entry-level introduction to database operations and management. There is no need for any prior database management expertise before beginning training, making this the perfect course for absolute beginners.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study resources, the Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate course is delivered online, making contents available anyplace anytime, to fit in around the student’s existing schedule. Delegates can also use the built-in social networking tools to share knowledge and experience with other course delegates, and end of section assessments help them assess whether they are fully ready to sit the OCA exam to earn their qualification.
Key Learning Points In Oracle Database 11g
The Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate will help students learn basic Oracle administration and query skills. Although basic, the training is of sufficient depth to ensure that participants have the skills required to pass the OCA Database exam.The nine course modules cover a number of specific topics and skills including:
- Using Oracle tools to administer databases and table structures.
- Understanding the importance of Oracle architecture when designing and managing databases.
- Managing schema objects to improve database efficiency.
- Preventing data loss using the Recovery Manager tools.
- Using SQL to query Oracle databases directly and return specific data.
- Improving data relevance using filtering and sorting functions with queries and datasets.
- Building functions to simplify and automate data queries and reports.
- Using SET operators and subqueries to manipulate data from multiple sources, creating fine-tuned, highly accurate reports and output.
- Using Regular Expressions and SQL*Loader to populate database tables with information from external sources.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of the Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate course, database technicians and operators will be able to perform basic administration and data query operations. Other benefits include:
- Achieving a globally recognised, Oracle-certified qualification.
- Improved skills and understanding of Oracle administration techniques.
- The ability to build advanced queries to manage manipulate, filter and sort data.
- Improved on-the-job performance and better employment prospects.
The Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate course is an essential qualification for database operators and administrators who need to improve their skills and employment options, or to improve their current management efficiency. The Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate course is also essential preparation for the official Oracle OCA certification.
- Database Administration
- Oracle Architecture
- Database Schema
- Recovery Manager
- Introduction to SQL
- Filtering and Sorting Data
- SET Operators and Subqueries
- Regular Expressions and SQL*Loader