If you are aiming to develop your coaching skills and provide your health and fitness clients with one-to-one services, then you are in the right place!
The role of every personal trainer is to provide a comprehensive service by measuring clients’ fitness levels, designing tailored regimes and constantly inspire and motivate their clients.
You must inspire your client with your expertise as a nutrition advisor, lifestyle consultant and fitness instructor and this Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma covers it all.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
By enrolling on to this course you will enable yourself to provide a complete professional service to your clientele.
This invigorating programme consists of 20 modules to equip you with knowledge of all aspects of personal training.
The modules will play an important part to your interests and give you further scope for specialising as you become more experienced.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course is a solid base for your career as an elite personal trainer, as it covers all the essentials for you to provide a knowledgeable and comprehensive service.
Explore the benefits of having a personal trainer, evaluating advantages and disadvantages of Personal trainers and Fitness Instructors. Learn why people undertake fitness programmes.
Acquire fundamental skills and techniques to build your clients self-esteem, motivation and willpower. Learn to deliver your service with confidence.
Discover the 10 “knowledge-based” and 12 “personal” qualities required from you as a personal trainer.
Understand the anatomy, kinesiology & exercise physiology. Discover the various types of fitness, such as Physical fitness, Motor fitness, Sport-related fitness and Remedial Fitness. Gain experience of how best to assess each area and learn to design a regime that best suits each client’s needs.
Recognise the importance of your clients’ care, privacy and confidentiality as well as your ethical duties as a personal trainer. Gain an insight into and understand the importance of the legal responsibilities involved.
Get to grips with the psychology of fitness and your client; understand the reasons for and benefits of initial assessment of the client. Examine reasons why it is important to plan programmes in advance.
Develop an understanding of appraisal, screening, testing & evaluation of health & fitness. Recognise the importance of completing a medical questionnaire.
Explore the components of Physical Fitness, i.e. learn about your clients’ aerobic fitness, stamina, muscular fitness in terms of endurance and power. Test for agility, flexibility, balance, co-ordination and psychological state.
Prepare yourself and get acquainted with the SMARTER Principle
Gain knowledge of the nature and identification of injuries to determine the correct measure necessary for recovery.
Explore Diet, Nutrition, Food, Vitamins and Minerals in relation to Health & Fitness. Gain essential skills to advise clients on how best to achieve their desired goals by following strategic diet plans based on their fitness levels and medical history. Identify the 6 different nutrient groups and 5 food groups.
Discover how to put a Business Plan together, taking the following factors into consideration:
- Sourcing the best places for clientele
- Research potential client groups and factors to consider when selling yourself and your skills.
- Identify steps in assessing a business opportunity.
- Establish the procedures to be followed in the organisation of a therapy practice.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisites.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- You can take your newfound skills to a higher level and the valuable information from this course to help set-up your own business.
- Review of anatomy, kinesiology & exercise physiology
- Exercise prescription
- Qualities of the personal fitness trainer
- The benefits of having a personal trainer
- Psychology of fitness & the client
- Writing training programmes
- Physical fitness
- Motivational techniques
- Motor fitness
- Sport-related fitness
- Sales & marketing
- Remedial fitness
- Contracts with the client
- Sports injuries & rehabilitation
- Business plans
- One-to-one training
- Client care
- Appraisal, screening, testing & evaluation of health & fitness