Follow in the footsteps of some of the world’s leading designers, and learn how to colourise old photographs to bring them into the modern day. Historical photos, in their black and white form, have a certain nostalgic feel attached to them, but by adding colour using Photoshop, you can visualise the colourful life that existed, even when colour photographs didn’t.
Hone your Skills with Four Exciting Modules
It is technological advances such as this that make us really appreciate how lucky we are, living in the 21st century. Who thought adding authentic colour to black and white photographs would be possible? It is, and you can be part of it, by signing up to this interesting course which will help you to learn the ropes through a series of four comprehensive modules.
Master a Key Piece of Design Software
As a leading program across the world, the possibilities that Photoshop provides are endless – that’s why it’s a globally recognised piece of software that is an industry standard piece of kit. With this course, students can pick up some of the program’s key features that can help colourise photographs professionally, while also following practice sessions that will help every student to learn by doing (and following the experts!). In less than 30 minutes, you will have gained enough knowledge to understand the bare bones, but the course will ensure that further in-depth information is also covered – what are you waiting for?
Key learning points
Whether you want to master a new skill for the purpose of your professional career, or you’re considering enrolling simply because you want to learn something different, this course would be ideal. Take a look at the course overview, including the definition of photo colourisation and the various colourisation tools that you will be introduced to during the course.
- Learn how to set up Photoshop, and how a free trial copy can be downloaded in a few easy steps.
- Soak up some of the tips and tricks provided and familiarise yourself with the Photoshop package. Learn how to set up your own project, and how to save photos once they have been altered.
- Learn how to choose the right brush, and how to add colour to various parts of the photograph, including skin, hair, eyes and backgrounds.
- Enjoy three practise sessions (including colourising a WW2 photograph, a snapshot of Aretha Franklin and a Surprise! photograph), which can help you to understand the endless possibilities available.
Advantages of this course
- Pick up the course material as and when it suits you – there are no deadlines, and no pressure to adhere to strict time constraints.
- 12 month access means you can refer to the study material whenever you need to.
- Practise sessions and tutorials help you to learn in real-time, following the advice of the experts as they show you what to do.
- Bonus material also included, which can be used to help you practise. These include practise photos, templates, cheat sheets and skin tone charts.
- Learn how to colourise photographs and follow a hip trend that will continue to be popular thanks to the nostalgia attached to the effect it can provide.
- Add another photography technique to your skill set!
Not everything is as black and white as it seems – not with colourisation, anyway! Sign up today and add a little vibrancy to old photos!
- What’s this course all about?
- Colorization Tools
- Course Resources
- What is Photo Colorization? (in 4 minutes)
- Setting Up Your Project
- Choosing a Brush
- Adding Color
- Photo Colorization Basics
- Coloring Skin
- Coloring Hair
- Coloring Eyes
- Coloring Backgrounds
- Saving Your Photos
- Colorization 1 – WWII Photo
- Colorization 2 – Aretha Franklin
- Colorization 3 – Surprise!
- Colorization Communities
- Thank You!
There are no reviews yet.