Picture the opportunity of being able to teach children how to take great photographs, and imagine never have to delete another blurred, out of focus photo ever again! Kids are like sponges and love to soak up new knowledge every day, and photography is a lifelong skill that can easily be picked up at a young age, even if it is just for hobby purposes. By signing up to this course, you will give your children the opportunity to gain the skills they need to be able to take great pictures – and you’ll probably pick up some new snap-happy techniques at the same time!
Embrace your Child’s Creativity
Whether you work with children, or would like to teach your own kids something new, embracing their creativity and critical thinking can help their minds develop and allow them to harness a new, rewarding skill. With this online course, you will be able to guide your children through a project-based syllabus, covering the history of photography as well as some basic photography techniques, in a fun and engaging way.
Practical Exercises to Learn by Doing
Kids learn by doing, just like adults do. This is why this course includes weekly projects which require them to take pictures in real life, by following the weekly briefs and heading out to practise their techniques and snap the perfect shots. There are 12 weeks-worth of projects available and each should take between 30 and 60 minutes to complete. If you’re looking for an extracurricular activity that is worth doing, you’ve found it!
Key learning points
Anyone wishing to introduce photography to children – either as parents, or those who work with children – would benefit from signing up to this course. It would especially suit parents who home-school their children, who would like to provide an additional activity to support their learning – as well as those who have an interest in photography themselves. It’s best suited to children who are between the ages of 4 and 13.
- Take a brief look at the history of photography, and touch upon some camera basics to help get started.
- Participate in 12 weekly adventures, covering various photography techniques and challenges, including:
- Household items, architecture, animals and pets, family portraits, plants and nature, the bugs eye view, a photo scavenger hunt, photojournalism, the photo walk, an A-Z photo find, photo diaries and pick-a-colour.
- Pick up some vital photography tips that can help children to continue to hone their skills and see their talent flourish.
Advantages of this course
- Project-based course enables children to learn by doing, at a pace that suits them.
- Practise new techniques for real, by using the new skills in real life.
- Bulk of the syllabus is broken down into manageable chunks – no need to feel overwhelmed with information all at once!
- Syllabus delivered in a fun, engaging and exciting way – there’ll be no reason to get bored!
- Photo reviews help children to see where improvements can be made.
- Lessons are downloadable onto any computer, tablet or smartphone, and can be taken with you when learning on the go.
- Courseware accessible 24/7, 365 days a year – all you need is an active internet connection.
- Tutor support available via email throughout the course.
- Grading also available, should you need the child’s work to be graded for the purpose of home-school or extracurricular credits.
You’re never too young to learn something new; by signing up to this course, you will have the tools you need to teach your children how to take great photos – a skill that they can use and develop for the rest of their lives!
- Introduction to Class
- Camera History Lesson
- Camera Basics
- Taking Pictures 101
- Household Items
- Animals and Pets
- Family Portraits
- Plants and Nature
- Bug’s Eye View
- Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Be a Photojournalist for one Day
- The Photo Walk
- A-Z Photo Find
- Photo Journal/Diary
- Final Photography Tips
- Thank You & What’s Next?