Remedial massage is the practice of manipulating muscle and soft tissue in the body to regain balance within the tissues. This will improve the range of motion, reduce stress and ease pain to provide a cure for long term or short term discomfort. Massage therapy dates back thousands of years to ancient cultures who believed in the medical benefits of muscle manipulation, with the first records of such events found in China and Egypt in 2700 B.C.
Remedial massage is used to heal multiple muscular problems which stem from tension, stress, exhaustion, sports injuries and injury from other activities. In this course, you will learn how massage affects the various systems of the body, its benefits and how remedial massage differs from relaxation massage.
So, if it’s strength work in the gym, running a triathlon, an old, niggly injury that won’t go away or stress which is causing knots the size of tennis balls in someone’s back, you will know what the best course of action is and how to deliver a soothing remedial massage tailored to their needs and how best to continue the treatment.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- An introduction to massage
- What is remedial massage and the benefits that come with it
- Health and safety during massage
- The most problematic areas and how to soothe each one separately
- Using essential oils and how they can assist muscle correction
- Giving specialised massage for specific ailments
ADVANTAGESOF THIS COURSE
- Learn the major problem areas in the body and how you can remedy them
- Learn basic anatomy of the human body and physiology
- Learn health and safety rules
- 24/7 access to the course content, study anytime, anywhere!
- 12-months course duration, but don’t worry, it won’t take that long to complete! You complete the course in your time
- What is remedial massage?
- Basic anatomy & physiology
- Health & safety during massage
- Neck & shoulder problems
- Back problems
- Leg & hip problems
- Arm problems
- Essential oils and how they can assist in muscle correction