This Sage 2014 Level 1 course is recognised by the IAB (International Association of Bookkeepers) to be a useful and cost effective course to learn about the efficient financial management of a business. Join over 3000 learners who are already getting Sage savvy with our user-friendly online course, tailored to provide in-depth working knowledge of all aspects of Sage software. Sage 2014 is the leading accounts software for small and medium-sized businesses in the UK. So if you’re serious about your accounting career and want to take it to the next level, investing in becoming a Sage expert will give you a highly bankable professional skill that you can’t afford to be without in today’s competitive market.
What Will I Get From The Course?
The opportunity to become a highly sought after Sage user! From the introduction through modules on Chart of Accounts, monthly routines, reports, sales order processing, VAT and much more, no stone is left unturned when it comes to getting to grips with every single aspect of Sage. Because we’re all human, the Maintenance and Correction module will teach you how to deal with the inevitable errors and inconsistencies that happen from time to time. Also, our useful Jargon Busters section cuts through the jargon of accountancy and includes a handy glossary so you can quickly look up terms and references used in the course.
Key Learning Points
This course, designed by professionals with extensive practical experience with Sage, will set you on the path to mastering this sophisticated software and moving forwards in your career.
- Start by finding your feet when it comes to navigation in Navigating Around Sage.
- Move on to getting to grips with Chart of Accounts and Setting Up Nominal Accounts.
- Access and master Opening Balances before moving on to the Customers module where you’ll learn everything you need to keep track of customers, from setting up customer records, to entering customer invoices to setting up customer defaults.
- The Supplier Notes module covers all you need to know about dealing with suppliers and the Product Notes module gets you up to speed with stock takes, stock transfer, returns, reports and more.
- Invigorate your invoicing skills with our in-depth Sales Invoices module.
- In the Bank module, take control of setting up a new account, allocating customer receipts, supplier payments and credit notes, recording bank receipts, making payments and transfers, petty cash and more.
- The Projects module shows you how to use the Wizard to take control of your projects.
- Once you complete the Sales Ordering Processing module, the next logical step is mastering purchase orders in Purchase Order Processing.
- Think global with our Foreign Currency module.
- Consolidate your banking skills with the Bank Reconciliation module.
- Get your accounting house in order with our Monthly Reports and Monthly Routines modules.
- In the VAT module learn about Intrastat and master running a VAT return and other VAT schemes.
- In Maintenance and Corrections, gain the expertise that will transform errors from major headaches to minor blips.
Advantages of this course
- Prove your Sage expertise with our Course Completion Certificate, recognised by the IAB.
- Use your Sage skills within your own business to keep your accounts up to date and your overheads low.
- Your newfound Sage expertise will improve confidence and productivity in your day-to-day working life.
- Your new status as a powerful Sage user will help your CV go to the top of the list when prospective employers are shortlisting candidates.
- Any updates we make to the course will be sent to you free of charge during the year you’re signed up for.
Making Sage software work for you will unlock your ability to take your career up a level, so sign up for SAGE 2014 recognised by the IAB.
This course is CPD Certified. The CPD Certification provides proof of your efforts to upskill and develop your abilities with invaluable expertise.
Navigating around Sage
- Navigating around Sage
- Accessing the Demonstration data
- Changing the view of your Sage screen
Chart of Accounts
- Introduction to Chart of Accounts
- Editing the Chart of Accounts
- Checking your Chart of Accounts
Setting up Nominal Codes
- Introduction to Nominal Code
- Editing nominal codes
- Creating new Nominal Codes
- Deleting a Nominal Code
- Editing the default layout of Accounts
- Editing a new Chart of Accounts
- Introduction to Setting up Opening Balances
- Accessing the Opening Balances wizard
- Entering Opening Balances
- Setting up Customer Records
- Setting up a customer record from a blank record
- Entering Customer Invoices
- Credit Notes
- Checking your customer activity
- Setting up your Customer Defaults
- Setting up Supplier Records
- Setting up a Supplier account from a blank record
- Entering Supplier Invoices
- Entering Credit Notes
- Checking your supplier activity
- Supplier Defaults
- Setting up a product record using a wizard
- Setting up a Product record using a blank record
- Planning a Stock Take
- Adjusting stock levels during the year
- Stock shortfall facility
- Bill of Materials
- Stock Transfer
- Stock Returns
- Stock Reports
- Creating a Product Invoice
- Adding a message line to an Invoice
- Creating a Service Invoice
- Mixing Product and Service Invoices
- Editing an Invoice
- Printing an Invoice
- Updating an Invoice
- Credit Notes
- Cash Sales
- Setting up a new bank account
- Opening an new bank account using a blank record
- Allocating a customer receipt
- Allocating a supplier payment
- Allocating credit notes
- Recording Bank Receipts
- Bank Payments
- Bank Transfers
- Recurring Transactions
- Setting up your Cash Register
- Petty Cash
- Setting up a new project using the Wizard
- Setting up a project from a blank project record
- Adding resources to a project
- Understanding Project Costs
- Stock issues to a project
- Amending stock allocations to a project
- Project charges
- Project Credits
- Checking project activity
Sales Order Processing
- Checking your default settings
- Creating a quotation
- Creating a sales order
- Despatching your order
- Using the despatch notes icon
- Creating an invoice from an order
- Cancelling Sales Orders
- Shortfall Generator
- Cash Sales
Purchase Order Processing
- Creating a Purchase Order
- Placing your goods on order
- Completing your Purchase Order
- Goods Received
- Creating an Invoice from an Order
- Printing your Purchase Order
- Deleting Purchase order
- Setting up the foreign trader wizard
- Setting up currencies and exchange rates
- Setting up foreign accounts
- Creating a customer invoice-credit-order for a foreign customer
- Receiving money from a foreign customer
- Entering a purchase invoice from a foreign supplier
- Bank transfer
- Revaluation wizard
- Introduction to Bank Reconciliation
- How to do a bank reconciliation using Sage
- Un-presented cheques
- Reconciling a Credit Card Account
- Trial Balance
- Profit and Loss report
- Balance Sheet
- Aged Debtor report
- Aged Creditor report
- Nominal Activity report
- Daybook reports
- Introduction to Monthly Routines
- Entering Journals
- Checking Stock
- Run the Profit and Loss Account
- Introduction to VAT Return
- Running a VAT Return
- Other VAT schemes
Maintenance and Corrections
- Checking your data
- Searching for a record
- Backing up Data
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We want you to be satisfied, so all eligible courses purchased on Vogate can be refunded within 14 days. For whatever reason, if you are unhappy with a course, you can request a refund, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy.
Certain restrictions may apply and some purchases may only be eligible for credit refunds. For more information regarding our refund policy, please see below.
How to submit a refund request
If you’re looking for instructions on how to submit a refund request, please visit our support and help section.
Our 14-day policy
While our 14-day refund policy is to allow customers to learn risk free, we must also protect our vendors from fraud and provide them a reasonable payment schedule. Payments are sent to vendor after 30 days, so we will not process refund requests received after 14 days of purchase.
Additional reasons for denied refunds
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit or deny refund requests in cases where we believe there is refund abuse, including but not limited to the following:
- A significant portion of the course has been consumed or downloaded by a customer before the refund was requested.
- Multiple refunds have been requested by a customer for the same course or other courses
- Excessive refunds have been requested by a customer.
- Users who have their account reported, banned or course access disabled due to a violation of our Terms or Trust & Safety Guidelines.
- We do not grant refunds for any subscription services.
These refund restrictions will be enforced to the extent permitted by applicable law.
There are no reviews yet.