Take charge of your Health & wellbeing and give someone else a therapeutic experience too…..
Awaken the body to support and strengthen the its’ natural ability to heal and balance itself with the valuable knowledge and techniques from this course. A programme that will teach you ways to reduce stress and tension, relieve pain and help to beat the negative traits of anxiety and depression.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
A fun-filled, self-paced programme that is organised into 12 easy-to-digest modules. The structure of this course is very flexible and will slip into your current schedule with ease. What’s more, it promises to give you healing power to change your life and that of many others, for the better..!
Key Learning Points
This course will equip you with essential knowledge to become a Shiatsu Practitioner.
- Understand the term Shiatsu and it’s origins.
- Understand the relationship between touch and healing.
- Identify the qualities of a good healer.
- Identify the main muscles of the body.
- Identify common conditions of muscles.
- Look at the general structure of a bone and list functions performed by these parts.
- Distinguish between the axial and appendicular skeleton and name each part.
- Learn about the 3 types of joints, understand their characteristics.
- Understand how the skeletal muscles produce movements at joints.
- Identify common disorders of the skeletal system.
- Understand the Energy Theory.
- Understand the energy level and aura.
- Understand the poles of Ch’i or Ki, and the physical characteristics.
- Look at the ‘Five Elements’.
- Understand the relationship between a balance of Yin and Yang in health.
- Explore the influence of the Five Elements on the meridians of the body.
- Study the different methods of diagnosis.
- Learn the meaning of the word ‘Tsubo’ and where they are found.
- Identify the position of Tsubo and the different effects.
- Learn the outlines to a Bo and Yu point.
- Learn the names of the three types of points used in Shiatsu.
- Discover where in the body the Yu points correspond.
- Discover the Hara.
- Understand when a Shiatsu treatment should not be given.
- Identify between a Yin and Yang person and the type of treatment they should have.
- Identify the three main centres.
- Understand the term ‘soles touching’ and explain how this is carried out.
- Understand the Ampuki techniques and why this is importance.
- Understand and explain the direction of stimulation of the Hara.
- Understand and identify indications of a healing crisis.
- Look at the process and considerations for setting up your own practice.
Advantages of this course
- No pre-requisite.
- Available with immediate access from anywhere.
- In just 12 short units you can improve your well-being and that of many others.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course, you will be awarded: An endorsed Diploma
- The Importance of Touch
- Qualities of a Healer
- Muscular System
- Skeletal System
- Energy Theory
- Yin and Yang
- Five Elements
- Shiatsu Diagnosis
- The Tsubo
- Bo and Yu Points
- Shiatsu Techniques
- Body Treatments
- Treatment Formulations
- Setting up a Practice