Special effects make-up is seen in many films, TV programmes and even at themed conventions, as well as on special occasions such as Halloween. It can be defined as the use of prosthetic sculpting, moulding, casting and painting to create advanced cosmetic effects. In this fantastic follow-up course to level one.
Who Is This Course For?
Anyone having completed the level one course in Special Effects (fx) Makeup will benefit greatly by taking this fantastic additional course. Likewise, if you already work within the field and have experience, level 2 will give you the opportunity to broaden your skillset and learn new and interesting techniques. The flexibility of the course means it’s ideal for fitting around your commitments – course material can be accessed at your leisure from any internet enabled device.
What Will I Learn?
Within the four sections of this course, we will take you step by step through advanced special effects make-up, showing you how to apply prosthetics, paints and cosmetics. We will cover a wide range of techniques in the videos to illustrate how to create animal make-up, realistic casualty special effects, and both masculine and feminine skull make-up – as well as the application of a bald cap alongside an editorial look. In each section she gives her expert opinion and explanation of what tools and products are best to use to create the most realistic special effects.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Learn how to apply and how to remove a bald cap.
- Discover the techniques used in creating fantasy editorial make-up.
- See how to remove the bald cap and make-up applied.
- Look at the steps involved to create feminine skull make-up.
- Learn how to create masculine skull make-up.
- See how to deal with tattoo cover-ups using make-up and airbrushing.
- Look at creating animal make-up, starting with the eyes then working on the lips, neck and shoulders.
- Work through an introduction to casualty make-up.
- Look at the application of prosthetics used when creating casualty make-up.
- Learn about the different layers of painting used when generating casualty makeup.
- Discover the correct methods of removal.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Level two follows on perfectly from the level one course for those wishing to develop their skills further.
- Learn new skills and techniques that could lead to an exciting new career in special effects make-up – or help your career progression.
- Freedom to study at a time and in a place that best suits you as course material can be accessed from any internet enabled device.
- Should you require assistance, technical support is available.
- You will have access to the course and all videos for a full year after signing up.
- Bald Cap FX
- Skull FX
- Special FX 5
- Special FX 6
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We want you to be satisfied, so all eligible courses purchased on Vogate can be refunded within 14 days. For whatever reason, if you are unhappy with a course, you can request a refund, provided the request meets the guidelines in our refund policy.
Certain restrictions may apply and some purchases may only be eligible for credit refunds. For more information regarding our refund policy, please see below.
How to submit a refund request
If you’re looking for instructions on how to submit a refund request, please visit our support and help section.
Our 14-day policy
While our 14-day refund policy is to allow customers to learn risk free, we must also protect our vendors from fraud and provide them a reasonable payment schedule. Payments are sent to vendor after 30 days, so we will not process refund requests received after 14 days of purchase.
Additional reasons for denied refunds
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit or deny refund requests in cases where we believe there is refund abuse, including but not limited to the following:
- A significant portion of the course has been consumed or downloaded by a customer before the refund was requested.
- Multiple refunds have been requested by a customer for the same course or other courses
- Excessive refunds have been requested by a customer.
- Users who have their account reported, banned or course access disabled due to a violation of our Terms or Trust & Safety Guidelines.
- We do not grant refunds for any subscription services.
These refund restrictions will be enforced to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Credit only refunds
In cases where a transaction is not eligible for a cash refund, the refund will be granted using Vogate credits, provided it otherwise meets our 14-day refund policy.
If your course purchase is only eligible for a credit refund, this will be indicated on the refund page.
Types of purchases that are only eligible for credit refunds
iOS (Apple): iOS payments are processed through Apple and not Vogate, and so we are unable to offer cash refunds for in-app purchases made in the Apple App Store. You can read more about Apple’s refund policy here.
Bank & cash transfers: certain bank and cash transfer methods are only eligible for credit refunds.
Boleto Bancário: courses purchased through Boleto Bancário are only eligible for credit refunds.
Udemy credits: for more information regarding Vogate credits and refunds involving them, contact us.
Refunds for bundles purchased through a third party
Since the payment for the bundle was processed by the third-party vendor, we do not have the transaction on file and cannot initiate a refund for you. Please contact the third-party vendor directly to request a refund.